Re: new year, new manuals...

  • Kathleen
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 1, 2011
      --- In CRN-L@yahoogroups.com, "Cathy Gorka" <cjgorka@...> wrote:

      > Heads up - depending on who you plan to go with for certification,
      AHIMA certification exams do not allow the AAPC ICD code books.

      > I've used Mag Mutual, AMA, AAPC and Ingenix ICD-9-CM books (Be sure
      you get Vol 1, 2 and 3 as you'll need the "hospital" set for exams and
      you don't need a personal copy of the HCPCS book for the AHIMA CCA exam,
      not sure about the AAPC CCS exam)

      > CPT is only published by the AMA. Get the professional edition.
      >
      > I 've found spiral books are easier to use.
      >
      > If you belong to either AHIMA or AAPC (I'd recommend getting both
      memberships now while you can get the cheap student rate) they each have
      discounted member rates for the coding books and the set prices are the
      best deals. Mag Mutual also has great package prices.

      > Good Luck!

      Cathy-

      Thank you for the detailed info. It is very helpful and I've decided to
      buy a bundle from AAPC of which I am a member of. This is not a cheap
      endeavor by any stretch of the imagination !! [:((]