RAF scores anyone? Don?

  • Ericadschwalm
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2011
      Hi,

      Does anyone understand RAF scores, submit extra dx codes for RAF "credit" via a source other than the claim itself, or anything else pertaining to this topic?

      I've been to a couple meetings on the topic and I think I have a VERY basic understanding. We are utilizing CareScreen. My coding brain is still having trouble grasping the idea...

      Please chime in if you have experience with this. I need different people's explanations.

      So MA plans get more money the "sicker" their patients are.. right?

      Certain dx codes get higher scores, right?

      So if each visit was coded correctly, why the need for additional reporting systems? This is the part that really bugs me.

      Any and all feedback appreciated!

      Thanks!

      =) Erica