G0179/80 - POS question

  • Ericadschwalm
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2010
      Hello,

      One of my LTC providers asked if he could bill for the HH certs/recerts.... I've only ever billed this is POS 11 for the primary care docs.

      Would he be able to bill or no? He has no "office" location and all his services are bill with POS 31.

      Can you bill G0179 or G0180 w/ POS 31 ?

      Thanks!!!!!!!!

    • Katie Werner
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2010
        the place of service will be 11 and the type of service will be 01. Make sure the date of services is the date of the physican's certification on the 485 and bill with the dx code on the 485 also.

        Hope that helps!

        Thank You,

        Katie Werner, CPC, CPMA

        Katie Werner, CPC, CPMA