can you choose your Medicare contractor??

  • Melissa Anderson, CPC
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2010
      I had a fellow coder in the Part A side call me today with questions of whether we are switching our Medicare contractors. We have been with WPS since March 2008 with the contractor going thru 2014. I assumed this was for Part A and Part B claims. The other coder is stating a local hospital is switching their Part A services to Trailblazers. Is this allowed? Where can I find info on this?

      Thanks,
      Melissa Rosene, CPC
      mail to: med_coding@...