RE: [CRN-L] Medicare payment

  • Barbara J. Cobuzzi
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 13, 2010
      A lot of people are not getting paid for PQRI when they are submitting claim based since it is very difficult to make sure they have their numerators and denominators correct and have not made any mistakes on 80%. There is very little room for error needing 80%. Just having the wrong diagnosis or wrong CPT with your PQRI G code will disqualify it and then you don’t get paid. If you can qualify for a measure group and I know there are only 13 of them and they don’t cover all specialties, but if you do, I highly recommend doing PQRI via registry and the registry I recommend is PQRI Wizard, because unlike other registries, it checks your accuracy of your denominator and makes sure everything is 100% correct and that you have all your ducks in a row before submitting your 30 patients, only 2 of which have to be Medicare and they have an amazing track record of getting their clients paid. If you want a contact to give you more information and a demo, email me directly and I will connect you with my contact there so that you can get a red carpet service for CRN members.

      Barbara

      Barbara J. Cobuzzi, MBA, CPC, CENTC, CPC-H, CPC-P, CPC-I, CHCC

      President

      CRN Healthcare Solutions

      <http://www.crnhealthcare.com/> http://www.CRNHealthcare.com

      Senior Coder and Auditor for

      The Coding Network <http://www.codingnetwork.com/> www.codingnetwork.com

      <mailto:b.cobuzzi@...> b.cobuzzi@...

      732-389-3110 voice 732-542-3824 fax 732-233-7660 cell

      Check out my Virtual CV at <http://www.visualcv.com/bjcobuzzi> VisualCV_bjcobuzzi

      Affiliate of <http://www.askleslie.net/> AskLeslie.net The Voice of the Industry

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 13, 2010
        Barbara,

        I was led to believe that you couldn't switch from claims based to registry
        in the middle of the reporting year. Is that correct? I would love to
        start using a registry, I think that would stop the two questions a day from
        docs asking if they are going to get the bonus :-(

        Cindy

        _____

        <http://www.crnhealt <http://www.crnhealthcare.com/> hcare.com/>

        The Coding Network <http://www.codingne <http://www.codingnetwork.com/>