Re: [medstrats-L] [The_trenches-l] ICD-9 for Swine Flu

  • Leslie Johnson CPC
    Message 1 of 12 , May 1, 2009
      Christina,

      This is good stuff, but take a look here: http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/swineflu/Flu_ICD-9_CPT_Codes.shtm from Texas, they are advising codes from the 487.x series.

      The coding *may* be payer specific, so we probably should be watchful & careful on this one (regardless of your excellent logic & argument!).

      Leslie Johnson, CPC
      Raleigh/Durham, NC

      http://www.askleslie.net - Continually Updated!
      AskLeslie.net - The Voice of the Industry

      This is OUR YEAR!!

      Voice Mail/Fax: 206-338-4397

    • rikki runyon
      Message 2 of 12 , May 1, 2009
        quick question, hopefully. We have a home vst program. Do the providers that visit the pts in the home have to document The need for the home vst., the home environment, pt activity, and support system on every visit or just on initial???
        Thanks!
         Rikki D. Runyon, CPC, CCP, CMS

        ________________________________
        The coding *may* be payer specific, so we probably should be watchful & careful on this one (regardless of your excellent logic & argument!).

        Leslie Johnson, CPC
        Raleigh/Durham, NC

        http://www.askleslie.net - Continually Updated!
        AskLeslie.net - The Voice of the Industry

        This is OUR YEAR!!

        Voice Mail/Fax: 206-338-4397

      • rikki runyon
        Message 3 of 12 , May 1, 2009
          How is everyone else billing for pre-op visits? We are not performing the surgery, only doing the pre-op?
           Rikki D. Runyon, CPC, CCP, CMS

        • Don Self
          Message 4 of 12 , May 6, 2009
            I generally do not recommend doctors waiting a year till they do preventive
            visits, but I have someone asking what a preventive visit entails, so I'm
            asking the list - is there something printed that says what is included in
            an annual preventive visit?

            Don

            Don Self & Associates, Inc

            PO Box 2610, Lindale, TX 75771

            903 882-4023 f-882-4027

            <http://www.donself.com/> http://www.donself.com

            <http://www.medicalsource.biz/> http://www.medicalsource.biz

            <mailto:donself@...> mailto:donself@...

            Confidentiality Notice: There is nothing confidential about the internet.
            If you do not want 3 Billian people seeing what you write - don't put it on
            the internet through email. If you think your attorney written
            confidentiality notice on an email means anything to me, please contact me
            about some ocean front property in Arizona and George and I will sell it to
            you. Have a great day and don't take yourself too seriously

          • Shrader, Collette
            Message 5 of 12 , May 6, 2009
              The only comprehensive review I have seen is the Spring 1993 CPT
              Assistant.

              Collette Shrader CCP - P
              Compliance/Education
              Wenatchee Valley Medical Center
              Wenatchee, WA 98801
              (509) 664-4868 ext. 5696

              "Teaching should be such that what is offered is perceived as a valuable
              gift and not as a hard duty."

              Albert Einstein

              _____

              <mailto:donself@... <mailto:donself%40donself.com> >
              mailto:donself@... <mailto:donself%40donself.com>

              Confidentiality Notice: There is nothing confidential about the
              internet.
              If you do not want 3 Billian people seeing what you write - don't put it
              on
              the internet through email. If you think your attorney written
              confidentiality notice on an email means anything to me, please contact
              me
              about some ocean front property in Arizona and George and I will sell it
              you. Have a great day and don't take yourself too seriously

              This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the
              sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
              confidential or privileged information. Any unauthorized
              review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If
              you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
              sender by reply e-mail and destroy the message.

            • SHARON STEPHENSON
              Message 6 of 12 , May 6, 2009
                If you are talking about Medicare, here is the wellness information that you can review at http://www.cms.hhs.gov/PrevntionGenInfo/

                Sharon Stephenson, CCS
                Richland Parish Hospital
                work-sstephenson@...
                318-878-6434
                personal-stephesj@...

                Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit in me. Psalms 51:10

                <mailto:donself@...<mailto:donself%40donself.com>> mailto:donself@...<mailto:donself%40donself.com>

                Message 7 of 12 , May 7, 2009
                  Don,
                  Here is a template that I found at Family Practice Mgmt. and it is very detailed. Here is a link and below is the copyright info.
                  Thanks

                  Developed by Randall O. Card, MD, and Cindy Hughes, CPC. Copyright © 2005 American Academy of Family Physicians.
                  Physicians may photocopy or adapt for use in their own practices; all other rights reserved. Card RO. How to conduct
                  a “Welcome to Medicare” visit. Fam Pract Manag. April 2005:27-32; http://www.aafp.org/fpm/20050400/27howt.html.
                  Updated January 2009.
                   Rikki D. Runyon, CPC, CCP, CMS

                  ________________________________

                  <mailto:donself@donself. com> mailto:donself@donself. com

                  Confidentiality Notice: There is nothing confidential about the internet.
                  If you do not want 3 Billian people seeing what you write - don't put it on
                  the internet through email. If you think your attorney written
                  confidentiality notice on an email means anything to me, please contact me
                  about some ocean front property in Arizona and George and I will sell it to
                  you. Have a great day and don't take yourself too seriously

                • Alfa Medical
                  Message 8 of 12 , May 7, 2009
                    Can someone send this again. I cant pull up the link. It says the page isnt available.

                    Thank you so much!

                    Beckie Foster
                    Alfa Medical Clinic PA
                    Coding/Billing Coordinator
                    704-588-9997
                    704-588-9499 (Fax)

                    ________________________________

                    ____________ _________ _________ __

                    Message 9 of 12 , May 7, 2009
                      Sorry! Not sure why the link didn't work, I even tried  it myself and it didn't work. All I have is a PDF copy and it does have a copyright. (Copyright © 2005 American Academy of Family Physicians.) Don, can I post this on your site. Not sure because of CR? If so, how do I do it.
                      Thanks!
                       Rikki D. Runyon, CPC, CCP, CMS

                        Here is a template that I found at Family Practice Mgmt. and it is very
                        detailed. Here is a link and below is the copyright info.
                        Thanks

                        Developed by Randall O.. Card, MD, and Cindy Hughes, CPC. Copyright (c)

                        Message 11 of 12 , May 7, 2009
                          Thank you!

[...]

                        • Don Self