Re: [CRN-L] A/R % Goals

  • HPMSI@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2009
      In a message dated 2/1/2009 7:32:01 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      medcode23@... writes:

      Hi group,
      Can anyone provide me with your % goals for the following:

      0-30 days
      31-60
      61-90
      91-120
      121-150
      151-180
      over 180

      I need ballpark % for specialty and primary care

      Thanks

      What specialty? Orthopedics will have a far different goal than
      endocrinology. Payer mix is a huge factor in how the %'s are distributed. Does the
      practice have sufficient staffing? When are their claims submitted (same day,
      with 3 days, do they use a billing agent, etc). What about capitation
      contracts? Do they accept credit cards? Do they do collections, in-house or
      subcontract?

      To provide accurate figures to any medical practice, you would need to have
      a common business structure so the data is relevant to the one who reads it.

      Karen A. Hurley, CMM, CPC-I

      President, HPMSI
      PO Box 159
      Waldorf, MD 20604-0159
      Tel: (301) 885-3540
      Cell: (301) 651-4767
      Fax: (240) 368-0059
      Email: karenhurley@...
      Web: _www.hpmsi.com_ (http://www.hpmsi.com/)

      Confidentiality Notice: This message and any attachments are for the use of
      the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged
      Information. Any unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution, or copying is
      prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender and
      destroy/delete all copies of this message and attachments. Thank you

      (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1217883258x1201191827/aol?redir=http://www.dell.com/co
      ntent/products/features.aspx/laptops_great_deals?c=us%26cs=19%26l=en%26s=d
      hs%26~ck=anavml)

    • Barbara J. Cobuzzi
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2009
        Also, are we talking net or gross, where is the fee schedule set, etc.

        Barbara

        Email: karenhurley@... <mailto:karenhurley%40hpmsi.com>
        Web: _www.hpmsi.com_ (http://www.hpmsi.com/)

        Confidentiality Notice: This message and any attachments are for the use of
        the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged
        Information. Any unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution, or copying is
        prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender
        and
        destroy/delete all copies of this message and attachments. Thank you

        (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1217883258x1201191827/aol?redir=htt
        p://www.dell.com/co
        ntent/products/features.aspx/laptops_great_deals?c=us%26cs=19%26l=en%26s
        =d
        hs%26~ck=anavml)

      • Barbara Colburn
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2009
          Barbara & Karen both bring up some great points.  As I recall Frank Cohen has a revenue cycle/AR analysis toolkit on his website that will consider many of these factors to include the appeals/denials process and NOT to include credit balances, etc..  I just can't find his link, maybe Cobuzzi has it?

          Barbara Colburn
          Total Health Care Solutions
          (352) 362-8663
          bachristensen@...

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 3, 2009
            www.mitsi.org

            Barbara

            Barbara J. Cobuzzi, MBA, CPC, CENTC, CPC-H, CPC-P, CPC-I, CHCC

            President

            CRN Healthcare Solutions

            <http://www.crnhealthcare.com/> http://www.CRNHealthcare.com

            Senior Coder and Auditor for

            The Coding Network <http://www.codingnetwork.com/> www.codingnetwork.com

            b.cobuzzi@...

            732-389-3110 voice 732-542-3824 fax 732-233-7660 cell

            Affiliate of <http://www.askleslie.net/> AskLeslie.net The Voice of the Industry

            bachristensen@... <mailto:bachristensen%40comcast.net>

            Email: karenhurley@... <mailto:karenhurley%40hpmsi.com> <mailto:karenhurley%40hpmsi.com>