Re: [CRN-L] BP with a visit

  • Jo Ann Steigerwald
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2, 2006
      It would be possible if the patient is seeing the physician; however most
      BP checks are done by office staff, and those definitely cannot be billed
      at 99212.

      99211 is the highest possible code if its done by office staff.

      At 07:03 PM 8/2/2006, you wrote:

      >Has anyone heard of doing a BP check and charging a 99212 for it? I
      >know a biller/coder that says that's what they do and they get paid
      >for it. Any thoughts on this because I don't see how you can.
      >Kayleen

    • Paula Fecteau
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 3, 2006
        What about if the patient comes in for a blood pressure check, it is high so she goes and consults with the doctor, he tells her to increase medication and return to see the doctor for an appointment? Wouldn't that constitute a nurse visit? Paula.

        Jo Ann Steigerwald <jsteigerwald@...> wrote: It would be possible if the patient is seeing the physician; however most

        At 07:03 PM 8/2/2006, you wrote:

        >Has anyone heard of doing a BP check and charging a 99212 for it? I
        >know a biller/coder that says that's what they do and they get paid
        >for it. Any thoughts on this because I don't see how you can.
        >Kayleen

        Paula Fecteau
        Office Manager
        Dr. Larry Burch

      • Quinten Buechner
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 3, 2006
          99211

          Quin

          Quinten A. Buechner, M.S., M.Div.,
          ACS-FP/GI/PEDS, C.P.C.
          President, ProActive Consultants, LLC
          1659 3rd Avenue
          Cumberland, WI 54829
          e-mail: QuinB@...
          Website: http://www.ProActiveConsultants.net
          Phone: 715.822.8284
          Fax: 715.822.8299

          General notice: Nothing in this email should be taken as legal advice, I do
          not practice law; try hiring a competent lawyer. Do you expect tax or
          regulatory advice in this email to avoid federal penalties? You've got to be
          kidding! Get a knowledgeable CPA to go with that competent lawyer! If you
          are under age 13, find a different sandbox to play in. This one is ours. If
          you are a spammer or someone who is not involved with this business but
          joined just to cause trouble may the fleas of a thousand camels infest your
          nose forever or at least until Monica is no longer part of Bill's legacy or
          George W. flat out admits he was wrong in anything ( clue all 3 are the
          same).

          Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message (including attachments) is
          covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521
          and the HIPAA. It is confidential and may be legally privileged. The message
          and attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may
          contain proprietary, confidential, trade secret or privileged information.
          Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited and
          may be a violation of law. If you are not the intended recipient or a person
          responsible for delivering this message to an intended recipient, please
          message immediately.

          At 07:03 PM 8/2/2006, you wrote:

          >Has anyone heard of doing a BP check and charging a 99212 for it? I
          >know a biller/coder that says that's what they do and they get paid for
          >it. Any thoughts on this because I don't see how you can. Kayleen

          Paula Fecteau
          Office Manager
          Dr. Larry Burch

          http://www.codingandreimbursement.net

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Paula Fecteau

            At 07:03 PM 8/2/2006, you wrote:

            >Has anyone heard of doing a BP check and charging a 99212 for it? I
            >know a biller/coder that says that's what they do and they get paid for
            >it. Any thoughts on this because I don't see how you can. Kayleen

            Paula Fecteau
            Office Manager
            Dr. Larry Burch

            Paula Fecteau