Medicare 4.4% reduction

  • Chris Felthauser
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2, 2006
      Has there been anything more about whether or not they are going to
      recind the 4.4% Medicare reduction for 2006?

      My office received a letter dated January 6, 2006 from one of our State
      senators, and it states in this letter:

      "In the meantime, the Budget Reconciliation Act of 2006, recently passed
      by the Senate, eliminates the planned 4.4 percent redduction in Medicare
      phyisican payments. Instead, physicians will experience a pyament
      increase of one percent in 2006. I worked with many of my Senate
      collegaues to make sure this update was included in the final Senate
      version of the bill, and I am very pleased that doctors will be
      protected from further cuts this year."

      So, now my physicians are under the impression that there was no 4.4%
      reduction....but all of the posts I read stated that the reduction did
      indeed happen, but that it might be recinded sometime this month and go
      retro back to the first of the year.....

      Thoughts?

      Thanks

      Chris

      Christopher Felthauser, CPC, CPC-H, ACS-OH, ACS-OR
      PMCC Medical Coding Instructor
      Coding Consultant
      Orion Medical Services

    • Amanda Kunze
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2006
        I was just wondering the same thing???

        Amanda

[...]

        http://www.codingandreimbursement.net

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • David D. Marcus
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 2, 2006
          AMA's making an aggressive effort to get fees kept at least even with last
          year's. Nothing public has been happening in Washington on this for the
          last few weeks because Congress was in recess for nearly all of January. My
          impression is that it may happen but is not yet a done deal.

          David

          David D. Marcus MBA, PhD
          Physician Payment Resources, LLC
          602 Summerwind Circle
          Nashville, TN 37215
          Voice & Fax: 615.665.9738
          Email: ddmarcus@...

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 2, 2006
            I have this from my congressman, forwarded from my Medical Director:

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 2, 2006
              Does that mean that we are still waiting on what it is Going to be?

              Amanda

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 2, 2006
                Both the House and Senate have passed the bill to stop the reduction. It is
                sitting on Bush's desk for signature. I was advised yesterday to hold off
                billing medicare until it is signed. I have very little medicare so it won't
                make a difference if I wait a while.