Re: [CRN-L] Anybody home?

  • Chris Patterson
    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 2, 2006
      Sir. I am getting your post.

      I am a student and have mainly been reading the posts to learn.

      I would like to know if anyone can guide me to the regulations that state that all groups: insured and private pay must be billed the same fees. I do not want our physician to get in trouble for having a good heart for his private pay patients. I was told that with signing a Medicare contract everyone was to be charged the same or he could be accused of fraud in an audit.

      Thank you for your help in advance.

      Chris Patterson
      Quinten Buechner <QuinB@...> wrote:
      Not getting e-mails

      Quin

      Quinten A. Buechner, M.S., M.Div.,
      ACS-FP/GI/PEDS, C.P.C.
      President, ProActive Consultants, LLC
      1659 3rd Avenue
      Cumberland, WI 54829
      e-mail: QuinB@...
      Website: http://www.ProActiveConsultants.net

      Phone: 715.822.8284
      Fax: 715.822.8299

      Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message (including attachments) is
      covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521
      and the HIPAA. It is confidential and may be legally privileged. The message
      and attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may
      contain proprietary, confidential, trade secret or privileged information.
      Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited and
      may be a violation of law. If you are not the intended recipient or a person
      responsible for delivering this message to an intended recipient, please
      message immediately.

      http://www.codingandreimbursement.net

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      Chris Patterson
      Reinhart Family Clinic
      Monticello, AR 71655

    • Quinten Buechner

[...]

      • AmLee Billing Services
        Message 3 of 19 , Feb 2, 2006
          Quinn I have so missed your witty comments and emails! Glad you are home
          now!

          Amie Pennington-White CCHRS;CMHRS;CMRS;CPC;CMA;CNA;CRNA

            Message 5 of 19 , Feb 3, 2006
              Does anyone have any ideas of what most carriers are paying for 86001 and
              86003 per unit and if most carriers will allow 96 units for these codes for
              food allergy testing? I appreciate it.

              Don

              Don Self & Associates, Inc
              305 Senter Avenue
              Whitehouse, TX 75791
              903 839-7045 fax 903 839-7069
              mailto:donself@... www.donself.com

              CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email is intended for one or more persons for
              whom it was written. Those people may or may not realize who they are. If
              they realize they are the intended recipients, then they are allowed to read
              it. If they realize they are not the intended recipients, they are
              prohibited from reading it and if they do read it, they are required to
              immediately remove from memory the electical impulses that reminds them that
              they read it, so it is forgotten. If you have read this, and you belong in
              one or the other category, please comply. If you do not belong in either
              category, it doesn't matter as one of us doesn't exist. Have a fantastic
              2006!
            • Chris Patterson
              Message 6 of 19 , Feb 4, 2006
                Dear Sir:

                First of all thank you for your time.

                When one is new to this business you rely on others
                around you for information. This is part of the
                reason that I am a student at the CRN Institute as of
                this semester and why I read this web site religously.

                I want to do my job to the best of my ability and be
                correctly informed.

                Thank you for your time and for all the information
                you provide on this website.

                Sincerely,

                Chris Patterson

                Chris Patterson
                Reinhart Family Clinic
                Monticello, AR 71655

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • Cheryl Crayden
                Message 7 of 19 , Feb 4, 2006
                  Chris:

                  I also looked for a set "rule" concerning self pay amounts too but I
                  couldn't fine one. I was told by several people that I have
                  to "charge" the same amount to insurance companies and self pay
                  patients but I could offer a "discount" to my self pay patients if
                  they paid for the service up front in cash. Obviously insurance
                  companies don't pay for services up front so they aren't "eligible"
                  for the discount. I had to write a policy and procedure to this
                  effect that if "anyone" paid for the service up front they would
                  receive a discount.

                  Cheryl

                  --- In CRN-L@yahoogroups.com, "Quinten Buechner" <QuinB@...> wrote:

                  > No such rule exists
                  >
                  > Quin
                  >
                  > Quinten A. Buechner, M.S., M.Div.,
                  > ACS-FP/GI/PEDS, C.P.C.
                  > President, ProActive Consultants, LLC
                  > 1659 3rd Avenue
                  > Cumberland, WI 54829
                  > e-mail: QuinB@...
                  > Website: http://www.ProActiveConsultants.net
                  > Phone: 715.822.8284
                  > Fax: 715.822.8299
                  >
                  > Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message (including
                  attachments) is
                  > covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C.
                  2510-2521
                  > and the HIPAA. It is confidential and may be legally privileged.
                  The message
                  > and attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
                  and may
                  > contain proprietary, confidential, trade secret or privileged
                  information.
                  > Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is
                  prohibited and
                  > may be a violation of law. If you are not the intended recipient
                  or a person
                  > responsible for delivering this message to an intended recipient,
                  please
                  > contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the
                  original
                  > message immediately.

                  Behalf Of
                  > Chris Patterson
                  > Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2006 10:44 AM
                  > To: CRN-L@yahoogroups.com
                  > Subject: Re: [CRN-L] Anybody home?
                  >

                  > Sir. I am getting your post.
                  >
                  > I am a student and have mainly been reading the posts to learn.
                  >
                  > I would like to know if anyone can guide me to the regulations
                  that state
                  > that all groups: insured and private pay must be billed the same
                  fees. I
                  > do not want our physician to get in trouble for having a good
                  heart for his
                  > private pay patients. I was told that with signing a Medicare
                  contract
                  > everyone was to be charged the same or he could be accused of
                  fraud in an
                  > audit.
                  >
                  > Thank you for your help in advance.
                  >
                  > Chris Patterson
                  > Quinten Buechner <QuinB@...> wrote:
                  > Not getting e-mails
                  >

                  > Quin
                  >
                  > Quinten A. Buechner, M.S., M.Div.,
                  > ACS-FP/GI/PEDS, C.P.C.
                  > President, ProActive Consultants, LLC
                  > 1659 3rd Avenue
                  > Cumberland, WI 54829
                  > e-mail: QuinB@...
                  > Website: http://www.ProActiveConsultants.net
                  >
                  > Phone: 715.822.8284
                  > Fax: 715.822.8299
                  >
                  > Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message (including
                  attachments) is
                  > covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C.
                  2510-2521
                  > and the HIPAA. It is confidential and may be legally privileged.
                  The message
                  > and attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
                  and may
                  > contain proprietary, confidential, trade secret or privileged
                  information.
                  > Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is
                  prohibited and
                  > may be a violation of law. If you are not the intended recipient
                  or a person
                  > responsible for delivering this message to an intended recipient,
                  please
                  > contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the
                  original
                  > message immediately.

                  > http://www.codingandreimbursement.net
                  >
                  > Yahoo! Groups Links
                  >

                  > Chris Patterson
                  > Reinhart Family Clinic
                  > Monticello, AR 71655

                  > http://www.codingandreimbursement.net
                  >
                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                • Quinten Buechner

                    Message 9 of 19 , Feb 6, 2006
                      Don,

                      We seem to get roughly $5.00-$7.00 per unit on these. However, Anthem
                      & United Healthcare won't cover 86001 (IGg) in 99% of cases per their
                      medical policies. We've never billed for that many (96) units, so I
                      can't answer that question, but our usual tests bill 12-24 units of
                      86001 & 23 units of 86003.

                      Don't know how much this helps, but I hope it does a little.

                      Ellen
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      Ellen E. Schuck
                      Patient Accounts Representative
                      Head & Neck Surgery Associates, P.C.
                      Indianapolis, IN
                      eschuck@...

                    • Gmdunham@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 19 , Feb 6, 2006
                        we don't bill for the tests, but as an allergist my doc doesn't order IGg
                        tests because they are not accurate and most insurance companies will not pay
                        for them.

                      • Don Self

                          Message 12 of 19 , Feb 6, 2006
                            yes, he orders IgE tests and our patients have had no problem getting them
                            paid.

                          • Don Self

                              Message 14 of 19 , Feb 13, 2006
                                Thank you so much.

                                As always you are very kind.

                                As a new coders one has so many people giving them information.

                                Sincerely

                                Christine Patterson

                                Chris Patterson
                                Reinhart Family Clinic