Re: [CRN-L] Pt Balance Number of Statement Requirement

  • mbbielinsk@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2005
      We send three statements 28 days apart. When the final notice statement
      goes out, we also place a phone call. 28 days later, the account is given to
      the provider for the collection decision. If the provider says yes and we have
      a good address, we put it in a precollect status where our agency sends out
      a letter. 30 days after that, it rolls into hard collect and 30 days after
      that it gets reported to the credit agency.

      We've thought about cutting out one of the statements, especially since, in
      this area, we have a lot of people who are only here for a few months and then
      they go home to far off lands.

      In a message dated 2/28/2005 6:41:33 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
      DEBLEG@... writes:

      We used to send three statements and a final letter. We discovered that
      the
      final letter was not netting us any increased account payments. Now we
      just
      send three statements. The third statement says that further collection
      efforts MAY be needed if we do not hear from them within 10 days. At that
      point
      we write the account off and send the list to the Provider to decide on
      turning them to collections. This way the A/R stays current and the
      Provider can
      decide on collection efforts. We used to wait on the Provider to decide
      before adjusting but some of the clients would sit on these lists for
      months.
      The A/R was growing and the Provider wanted to know why his over 120 was so

      large....duhhhhh... LOLOLOL

      Anyway, this is what we are doing. Hope this helps!!!

      Debra N. Leggett
      Vice President, Management Services
      MDOffice
      San Antonio, Texas
      (210) 344-0164 ext 104

      CLICK ME LINKS:
      CodeCorrect 10% off for CRN Members when you sign up at
      http://crn.codecorrect.com 15% off for Gold Members - contact Laureen@...
      for details.

      Optimize physician service reimbursement compliantly:
      http://www.cfs-billing.com

      CEU TeleCourseTM Training & Videos
      http://www.crn-institute.com

      CRN Homepage:
      http://www.codingandreimbursement.net
      Become a CRN Gold Member!
      http://www.codingandreimbursement.net/GoGold.htm
      Advertiser Options
      http://www.codingandreimbursement.net/advertising.htm

      ~M. Bridget Bielinski, JD, CPC
      Practice Administrator
      Aspen Medical Care, PC

      If
      you have received this email in error, please notify the originator of the
      message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual
      sender,
      except where the sender specifies and with authority, states them to be the
      views of Aspen Medical Care, PC.