Re: [CRN-L] accounting services

  • Lori Wyvill
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2, 2004
      It is difficult to do an "apple to apple" conparision without knowing what exactly you are getting for your $1,500 per month. That equates $18,000 per year. Depending on what this non-PCA accountant is doing for you, you may be able to hire someone part-time to enter the payables, attach checks, file, etc. and then you print the reports for a great deal less money than what you are currently paying. However, if this non-CPA accountant is actually preparing tax returns, detailed financial reports, profit & loss statements, etc. you may be better off keeping the status quo - unless of course you are capable taking over taxes and reports.

      christy86m@... wrote:
      We are currently in an accounting dilema. We are debating whether or not we
      (ME:) should take a/p in house or use an outside nonCPA accountant. The nonCPA
      accountant worked for us in the past and is excellent, the problem is the
      price. She wants $1500 a month for a/p (& reporting).

      We have 1 MD, 3 DO's, 2 PA's and 1 CANP, 23 employees. Any of you guys able
      to tell me apples to apples whether or not the $1500 is reasonable?

      Thanks in advance!!!

      Christy Mattey
      Practice Manager
      Physicians in Family Practice, Inc.
      319 West Lorain Street
      Oberlin, Ohio 44074
      (440) 775-1881
      Fax (440) 774-5707

      This message is intended for the sole use of the individual to whom it is
      addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and
      exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee you are
      hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose, or distribute to anyone
      the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received
      this message in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email and

      CLICK ME LINKS:
      CodeCorrect 10% off for CRN Members when you sign up at http://crn.codecorrect.com 15% off for Gold Members - contact Laureen@... for details.

      Optimize physician service reimbursement compliantly: http://www.cfs-billing.com

      CEU TeleCourseTM Training & Videos