RE: [CRN-L] office visit and hospital admit

  • Sherry Wilkerson
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2004
      The office E&M service provided to that patient by your physician is
      considered part of the initial hospital care when performed on the same
      day as the admission. The inpatient care level of service reported by
      your physician should include the services he/she provided in the office
      as well as in the hospital.

      Sherry Wilkerson, RHIT, CCS, CCS-P
      Manager of Coding and Compliance
      Esse Health
      520 South Elm
      St. Louis, MO 63119
      Phone (314) 919-1042
      Fax (314) 919-1015
      swilkers@...

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2, 2004
        The answer depends on why she was admitted to the hospital. If it was due
        to an injury or something not related to asthma - bill for both with a 25
        modifier. Expect the office visit to be denied but then appeal it.

        Don Self, CSS, BFMA
        305 Senter Ave Whitehouse, TX 75791
        mailto:donself@...
        website: http://www.donself.com
        Ph. 903 839-7045 fax 903 839-7069

        Texas Confidentiality Notice: Ya'll are advised that this here message is
        posted. Ya'll ain't allowed to trespass on the feller that wrote it. Ifn
        you use legal tricks to get the writer into a passel of trouble, just be
        warned that we have our own way of taking care of things. That goes for
        O'Sammy Been Logging or Sodamn Insane too. Be aware that we use Texas tools
        made by folks like Colt, Remington, S&W and more and we know how to use
        those tools. So, we're "confident" that we got our message across. Don't
        mess with Texas and Don't mess with America. You have been warned. End of
        Confidentiality Statement