Re: [CRN-L] NPP billing

  • HPMSInc@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1 3:55 AM
      Leslie:

      First - you have to consider their scope of licensure from the state they are
      practicing in.

      Second - if the license allows for the supervision to be by
      telecommunications, (Maryland and Virginia do) - then you can bill to the
      other carriers under the physician's name, even if the physician is not on
      site - UNLESS the health plan credentials NPP's - if so, then it is under
      their own name in block 31.

      It is only Medicare that has the requirement 'on site supervision' to bill
      under the Dr's name.

      Karen Hurley, CMM, CPC
      President, HPMSI
      Waldorf, MD
      Tel: (800) 852-9286
      Fax: (301) 645-8632
      www.hpmsi.com

      The information in this communication has been provided as an opinion to
      interested parties only. It may not be reproduced without the permission of
      the author. The contents are not intended to be used as a source of
      information to set policies and procedures.