We are pleased to announce our implementation of a new Internet based staff training and development program, Elevate powered by Essential Learning. We have developed a customized training website for Contra Costa Mental Health's community-based organizations and providers that presents and tracks staff training requirements in an accessible and easy to use format. This e-learning system is available now - please feel free to appropriately forward this email to your staff. The website has many great features including:
· CEUs - almost all of the 400+ courses available for you to take have continuing education credits; you can print your own CEU certificates for license/certificate renewal
· Web-based learning courses can be taken anywhere with an internet connection
· Self-paced learning you can take a course in one sitting or in small chunks
· Email notifications reminders sent to you when required trainings are due, when you register for live class events or if you are waitlisted for a class and get that spot
· Username/Password forgotten user name and/or password emailed to you and you can even create your own password after logging in
· Learner Resources Self-help tab for users that allows you to view a short introductory video about your Learning Management System (LMS), access the Learner Guide or Learner Manual, review the navigation guide for computer courses offered in the site, view the accreditation guide and a document with links to state board websites, and sign up for the live or recorded Site Overview-Learner webinar.
· Discussion you can contribute to an online discussion with your co-workers about courses you have taken
· News feed current articles and information about behavioral health, addiction, and overall health care are easily available from your home page
· Announcements staff announcements and important information are posted on the right side of the home page so check back often
· Personal Training Record- You will know what training is required, when it is due and once it is completed, you will have a permanent record of your work in the form of a transcript.
Get Started in 3 Easy Steps
Step 1: Log on
In order to log into Elevate, you will need to go to the following website:
Click on "Register Now" on the main page to enter your information. One required field is your agency name. If you do not see your agency listed, please email mhreseach@...
for assistance. Additionally, please email if you encounter issues logging into the system or need assistance
Step 2: Watch Introduction Video
Upon logging in, please click on `Learner Resources' menu and watch the brief Introductory Video (5-6 min). This will give you an overview of the site and how to take courses. Please click on the Welcome to Elevate course as assigned on your My Learning Page. Watch the instructional video at the beginning of the course and then complete the course and exam. Then you will easily be able to take other courses and practice using the website so that you feel confident and comfortable when requirements are assigned to you.
Step 3: Begin Taking Courses
You can begin to take courses from a catalog of over 400 available (You may need approval from your manager to take courses during work time, depending on your site. Please check with your manager/supervisor)
Information & Trainings
Attached you will find a Quick Guide for Learners with step-by-step instructions on how to log-on to your site, take courses and use the various features of the system.
Also, we invite you to attend a live webinar conducted by Essential Learning staff that provides an overview of Elevate; how to take courses, print certificates, etc. If you cannot attend one of the live webinars, you can watch a recording of one (using Windows Media Player) located on the Learner Resources link.
CCMH will be hosting live introduction trainings on April 8th & 22nd and May 6th & 20th. Please email r.fakhry@...
for details and to register for the training.
Again, this e-learning system is available now - please feel free to appropriately forward this email to all Contra Costa Mental Health's community based organizations and contract providers. We are excited about our new e-learning program and hope that you will find the convenience of the system and variety of courses offered helpful in meeting your professional development goals. For questions about Essential Learning, please email mhreseach@...