CDC Internship

  • AKOH ASA'NA
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2011

      Student Internship 2012

      Collegiate Leaders in Environmental Health (CLEH)

      Internship Opportunity Announcement

      CDC’s National Center for Environmental Health and the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (NCEH/ATSDR) are offering a 10-week summer internship program for students who are passionate about the environment, interested in human health, and curious about how they are linked. During the course of the internship students are introduced to environmental health at the federal level through collaborative projects, experiential learning opportunities, individual environmental health presentations, journal clubs, field trips, brown bag lunches, and shadowing and mentoring relationships at CDC/ATSDR.  Interns will be based at CDC/ATSDR’s Chamblee Campus and will be paid a stipend of approximately $600 a week during the course of the program.

      Application due date: February 1, 2012

      Program dates:  June 13 – August 17, 2012

      “The internship gave me more perspective on what I would like to do in the future and how to exercise my passions through public service. My internship at CDC has not only made me realize the value of the public health sector, but also the need for more people to get involved in the field.”

      – Kartik Amarnath, 2011 CLEH intern

       Eligibility requirements for CLEH interns:

      1.       US citizenship or Permanent Resident with a green card

      2.      Full time enrollment at a college or university as a rising junior or rising senior by

               fall 2012

      3.      Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale

      Please visit our website for more information and application instructions: www.cdc.gov/nceh/cleh

      Note: Seniors graduating in Spring 2012 will not be accepted into this program

      For more information, please email LT Cory Kokko or Jay Nielsen at CLEH@...

      Together let us hold our leaders accountable. For more information order my book: How a Country Treats its Citizens No Longer Exclusive Domestic Concern from www.amazon.com; www.barnesandnoble.com; www.borders.co.uk