SkyWarn Class

  • Joe
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 2, 2011
      THIS CLASS IS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC.

      Date/Time - Saturday, February 5, 2011 330PM - 530 PM Location - Picadilly Cafeteria-Room B, 2222 Clearview Pkwy., Metairie, LA 70003

      Local Sponsor - Crescent City Amateur Radio Group and is being held in conjunction with their annual meeting/licensing exam.Telephone - 504-288-7084 Joe Glorioso(CCARG)

      SkyWarn training sessions normally last between one and two hours. During the class, basics of severe weather identification and how to report severe weather are discussed.
    • Joe
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 18, 2011
        Date/Time - Tuesday, February 22, 2011 630PM - 830 PM Location - Jefferson Parish West Bank Regional Library, 2751 Manhattan Blvd., Harvey, LA 70058 SkyWarn training sessions normally last between one and two hours. During the class, basics ofsevere weather identification and how to report severe weather are discussed. Normally SkyWarnsessions are held in cooperation with the local emergency management office. If you are interestedin becoming a Severe Storm Spotter and want to receive SkyWarn training, contact the local emergencymanagement office or contact our Warning Coordination Meteorologist, at the National Weather ServiceOffice in Slidell by email sr-lix.webmaster@... or phone 985-649-0357 x 223.
      • Joe
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 16, 2011
          Date/Time - Thursday, March 24, 2011 630PM - 830 PM Location - Pearl River County Emergency Operations Center
          810 Highway 11 South., Poplarville, MS 39470

          Local Sponsor - Pearl River County Emergency Management Telephone - 601-795-3058

          SkyWarn training sessions normally last between one and two hours. During the class, basics ofsevere weather identification and how to report severe weather are discussed. Normally SkyWarnsessions are held in cooperation with the local emergency management office. If you are interestedin becoming a Severe Storm Spotter and want to receive SkyWarn training, contact the local emergencymanagement office or contact our Warning Coordination Meteorologist, at the National Weather ServiceOffice in Slidell by email sr-lix.webmaster@... or phone 985-649-0357 x 223.
        • Carl Killebrew
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 17, 2011
            Hi Joe
            Carl KF5CXG when is the Race in New Orleans aera let me know so i can plan be off that day. Shitrs get done yet?

            Thank you........
            73
            Carl Killebrew KF5CXG
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 5 8:41 AM
              The National Weather Service in Slidell will be having a Sky Warn Class April 7, 2011 at 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM at the St Tammany Emergency Operations Center located at 510 E. Boston St. Covington La. Sponsor - St Tammany Parish Emergency Management Center.For more information call 985-898-2539.

              73's Joe
            • Joe
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 7, 2012
                SkyWarn Class..... SkyWarn Class.....

                Thursday February 9, 2012, 6:30 pm at the Red Cross Building, 101 N. Pat St., Scott, LA. Topic: SkyWarn Basic and/or Advanced Training.
                Any questions, contact: Ed Roy WA5TNK ,Consulting Meteorologist
                Lafayette, LA. 337-233-3816 or at edroy@...
              • Joe
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 17 4:55 AM
                  April 21, 2012 at 9:30 AM at the First Baptist Church located at 4141 Pontchartrain Dr. Slidell Louisiana.Sponsor by the Ozone Amateur Radio Club. For more information email Ron at oarc@...
                • Joe
                  Message 8 of 14 , Oct 19, 2012
                    Tim at the National Weather Service lost the list of names. What I do have is the following names.

                    Joe Glorioso
                    David Bravo
                    Matthew Cuttitta
                    Haynes Ragas
                    Mikel Starr
                    Paul Ecke
                    Brian Johnson

                    If your name is not listed and you attended the class please email me ASAP.

                    Thanks Joe

                    Joen5ozg@...
                  • Joe
                    Message 9 of 14 , Sep 2, 2013
                      SkyWarn Class....

                      The Crescent City Amateur Radio Group will be having a Skywarn class September 3, 2013 at 6:30 PM at the Jefferson Parish East Bank Main Library located at 4747 W. Napoleon Ave. Metairie Louisiana. Everyone is invited to attend. (Class will be taught by the National Weather Service Office)

                    • alarmman20
                      Message 10 of 14 , Mar 24, 2014

                         SkyWarn Class...

                        The National Weather Service office will be having a Skywarn Class March, 24.2014 at 6:30 PM at the Jefferson Parish East Bank Main Library located at 4747 West Napoleon Ave. Metairie Louisiana.( The class is open to the public)

                      • alarmman20
                        Message 11 of 14 , Apr 8 1:37 PM

                          The National Weather Service Office in Slidell & New Orleans Homeland Security Office Will be having a Skywarn Class April 14,2014 at 5:30 PM at New Orleans City Hall (EOC Conference Room) located at 1300 Pedido Street. (9 TH Floor suite 9W03)

                          The class is open to the public. For more information call 504-658-8700

                        • alarmman20
                          Message 12 of 14 , Sep 9, 2014

                            SkyWarn Class

                            The Crescent City Amateur Radio Group will be having a SkyWarn Class September 11, 2014 at 6:30 PM at the Jefferson Parish East Bank Main Library located at 4747 West Napoleon Ave. Metairie Louisiana. Everyone is welcome...

                            The Class will be taught by the National Weather Service( it will cover how to spot severe weather and how to report it.)

                          • alarmman20
                            Message 13 of 14 , Dec 11, 2014

                              SkyWarn Class....

                              The National Weather Service Office will be having a SkyWarn Class January 31, 2015 at 9:30 AM at the Terrebonne Parish Library located at 4130 W. Park Ave. Gray Louisiana. Sponsor by the Region 3 ARES.