Communications for the Mardi Gras Marathon

  • alarmman20
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2010
      As of Febuary 1 st. 2010 we have Ham Radio Operators coming from Baton Rouge and Thiboduax Louisiana all the way from Gulf Port and Biloxi Mississippi to help out with communications for the Mardi Gras Marathon.We Thank you all.
      However we are still in need of amateur radio operators to assist us. Remember our duties will be much greater this year. Some of our duties include starting each clock at each mile marker and relaying emergency traffic (such as medical emergencies to net control (Command Center).

      Pre Plans are as follows:

      All LOCAL amateur radio operators will be ask the Saturday before the race to meet in the afternoon near city park ( exact place will be giving) to pick up their clocks.

      Hams from Thiboduax, Baton Rouge , Biloxi and Gulf Port Do Not need to come in town.The crew leaders will drop off clocks the morning of the race.

      They will be 3 Crew Leaders divided up along the course.First Crew leader will be handle the distribution of clocks from mile marker 1-7.The morning of the race.

      Second Crew Leader will be handle the distribution of clocks from mile maker 8-16.

      Third crew leader will be handle the distribution of clocks from mile marker 16-24.

      I am in the process of trying to get blue polo shirts printed for us that says Emergency Communications Amateur Radio Operators.

      Please if anyone one has any questions feel free to call me at 504-288-7084 or email me at Joen5ozg@...
    • Penumbra75@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2010
        If I can get my rig working...I will help out....will let you know as soon as I can....I have experience with this from the MTA days.

        Sheik

        KB6JV

        In a message dated 2/1/2010 8:21:43 A.M. Central Standard Time, JoeN5ozg@... writes:
[...]

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            CCARG-digest@yahoogroups.com
            CCARG-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Joe
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2010
          Sheik

          I have spare radios people can use. If I get you radio could you please assist us.

          73's Joe

          Please if anyone one has any questions feel free to call me at 504-288-7084 or email me at Joen5ozg@bellsouth. net

              http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/CCARG/ join

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 3, 2010
            roger that...I can also take photos for whatever use the club may have..

            got to get thru Sunday and TUCKS before I can really think on this.....

            but I sure want to do it!!