Re: [CBUSCTA] Re: New 07-08 Officers

  • Michele Langston
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 30, 2007
      I'm not sure what day the meetings will be, but they the time will probably be somewhere between 3pm-5pm. And as far as the after school program, we are still trying to figure out what school we are going to be working with. It is on a volunteer basis though. What days are you usually on campus? What days would you be available to come to meetings? We want to work out a day and time that would be good for everyone. We would really like you to join the club. We are trying to get more people to join this year. Also, if you have any friends that you think would be interested, please let them know about the club.

      Thank You.

      Michele Langston
      Vice President

      (951) 520-5541

      Jessica Willett <jessielynn713@...> wrote:
      thank you. Do you have an idea what time the meetings will be and what time the after school program would be, would it be volunteer? I might be getting a job afterschool but I would like to get involved in this club. Let me know when you find out.

      Michele <langstonmx111@ yahoo.com> wrote:
      Hi Jessica,

      CBU SCTA is a club for future teachers. We are currently planning a
      teacher leadership conference for the beginning of November. We are
      also working on getting involved in an afterschool program to work
      with kids. We currently meet twice a month at Cal Baptist. We usually
      have our meetings every other Friday, but we are going to change the
      day of our meetings. I will let you know ASAP when the next meeting
      is scheduled for. If you have anymore questions please feel free to e-
      mail me or call me.

      Thank you for your interest in the club and I hope to see you at the
      next meeting. =)

      Michele Langston
      Vice President

      michele.langston@ calbaptist. edu
      (951) 520-5541

      --- In CBUSCTA@yahoogroups .com, Jessica Willett <jessielynn713@ ...>
      wrote:

      > when are the meeting? what type of things does the club put on?
      >
      > Rebecca <rfaircloth1@ ...> wrote: Hi all,
      >
      > Today's meeting had a very-VERY-small showing but we were able to
      > fill two positions. Rebecca Faircloth will be your President and
      > Michelle Langston will be your Vice-President for the current
      school
      > year. There are still some positions to fill! We need a Secretary,
      > Treasurer, Editor, and Historian. See below for the job
      > descriptions and let me know if you are interested in a position.
      >
      > Looking forward to the many things to come this year!
      > Rebecca
      >
      > Section 4. The Treasurer:
      > A. Shall be responsible for the safekeeping and accounting of all
      > funds;
      > B. Shall provide financial reports at each Executive Committee and
      > Representative Assembly meeting; and
      > C. Shall sign all checks drawn on the bank account of the
      > Association.
      >
      > Section 5. The Secretary:
      > A. Shall keep accurate records and files of the proceedings of
      > general and Executive Committee meetings; and
      > B. Shall submit monthly reports to the respective district,
      > regional, or state presidents.
      >
      > Section 6. The Historian: (optional)
      > A. Shall prepare an Association scrapbook;
      > B. Shall write a history of the year's work;
      > C. Shall be in charge of the local newsletter;
      > D. Shall take pictures at Association events; and
      > E. Shall provide/secure expert help in the above areas.
      >
      > Section 7. The Editor: (optional)
      > A. Shall work with the historian to compile a local newsletter;
      > B. Shall distribute local and state publications; and
      > C. Shall perform other duties as delegated by the President and/or
      > Executive Committee.
      >
      > Section 8. In the event of a vacancy in the office of Vice-
      > President, Secretary, or Treasurer, the vacancy shall be filled by
      > appointment of the Executive Committee for the remainder of the
      > term.

      > Check out the hottest 2008 models today at Yahoo! Autos.

    • LILIAN VELASQUEZ
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 2, 2007
        Hi Rebecca,
        Sorry it took so long.  I am interested in The Historian position.
        C ya next meeting!
        Lilian Velasquez