Hidden Springs

  • me_encanta2000
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 4, 2007
      We are curious about the Hidden Springs community. We visited there
      last year and really liked the homes and the rural setting and are
      considering a move there. However, we have some questions about the
      development and wonder if any list members live there or have
      friends/family who live there. Does anyone know how many homes are
      actually occupied? We saw lots of homes but it appeared to us that
      more homes were vacant then occupied but we are not sure. Does anyone
      know the number of people/families currently living in Hidden Springs?
      How is the quality of the charter school? How is the commute to
      Boise? Any other particular thoughts on Hidden Springs?

      Thanks! Kimberly and Steven
    • zzyzx08
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 4, 2007
        we went to a Harvest Festival there almost 2 years ago and that place
        just gave me the creeps. All the houses were just too perfect and the
        people way too nice. It's to tight knit for me, everyone all in your
        business. Just my 2 Lincolns... Good Luck!

        --- In CAtoID@yahoogroups.com, "me_encanta2000" <me_encanta2000@...>

      • marksail007@aol.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 4, 2007
          Im familiar with Perfectville. My email is mnm4579@aol

        • Lindh Family
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 4, 2007
            I heard a rumor that you can smell
            the dump out there....but i dont know
            if thats true.

            Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 4:05 PM
            Subject: Re: [CAtoID] Hidden Springs

            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 4, 2007
              That is not the case

            • Lindh Family
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 4, 2007
                Good to know

                    I know one family that has lived there for quite some time.  While they enjoy the area, the wife describes it as one big sorority with lots of attitude.  However, they still very much enjoy living there.  And it is pretty.  I recall something was happening with the charter school, but can't for the life of me remember what.  It might be as simple as it not expanding to the grades that they anticipated, but it could be something entirely different.  Sorry about that.  I recommend doing some research on it first and talking to people living there.  Also, there is a bit of a grade going into the area.  While it doesnt' snow a whole lot here, I would recommend asking about driving in and out of Hidden Springs during the winter months if you are at all nervous about driving in icy or snowy conditions.  It's not a huge grade, but just something to consider.  The prices are a bit high, but in terms of a development area, the houses are not too "cookie cutter".  They seem to have a historical sense to them, although are, of course, new.  That is a nice aspect of them.  However, it is strange in the summer months out there as this nice, green, lush area is surrounded by desert-like mountains.  this can lend to feeling either more isolated from the city or feeling like you are in a secret oasis.  It's all about your preferences.  Good luck to you!

                    -Sheila

                    me_encanta2000 <me_encanta2000@...> wrote:
                    We are curious about the Hidden Springs community. We visited there
                    last year and really liked the homes and the rural setting and are
                    considering a move there. However, we have some questions about the
                    development and wonder if any list members live there or have
                    friends/family who live there. Does anyone know how many homes are
                    actually occupied? We saw lots of homes but it appeared to us that
                    more homes were vacant then occupied but we are not sure. Does anyone
                    know the number of people/families currently living in Hidden Springs?
                    How is the quality of the charter school? How is the commute to
                    Boise? Any other particular thoughts on Hidden Springs?

                    Thanks! Kimberly and Steven

                    Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.

                  • catherineid2003
                    Message 9 of 13 , Sep 5, 2007
                      We moved here about 8 years ago. Hidden Springs was starting out about
                      the same time. We live in Eagle and one of the controversies is that
                      the original developer for Hidden Springs sunk a well here in Eagle,
                      sold the water to United Water who turned around and piped it over the
                      hill to Hidden Springs. If you look on the foothills on the Eagle side
                      you can see where the pipe is located. No big deal. Water is water.
                      Oops, in Idaho it IS a big deal. The saying here is "Water is for
                      fightin'. Wiskey is for drinkin'." So the issue sticks in the craw of
                      some old Idahoans but us CA-transplants aren't so concerned.

                      My daughter went to Hidden Springs charter school last year for
                      kindergarten. The school, as far charter schools go, is pretty good.
                      They just got a new principal this year and he seems wonderful. The new
                      principal will make a big difference. The Hidden Springs school
                      cafeteria food is all handmade and healthy. They even offer a salad bar
                      to the kids every single day! The food is fresh and awesome. The middle
                      school kids were running a Zepole bread bakery last year. I hope they
                      are continuing it this year. If you live in Hidden Springs, you can
                      order the bread through the school (which is the best bread bakery in
                      this area, BTW) and the kids will deliver to your home. If you live out
                      of the Hidden Springs area, you have to pick it up. But there is a
                      Zepole in Eagle now so that isn't an issue for me.

                      The year after we moved we had friends from CA move here, too. They
                      ended up building in Hidden Springs. There house is in the original
                      section by the Merc. So we've known people in Hidden Springs for quite
                      some time. The drive up and down the hill isn't bad, even in winter.
                      ACHD (the local highway district) sands and plows all the school bus
                      routes first and since there is a bus that takes kids from Hidden
                      Springs to other Boise schools Seaman's Gulch Rd isn't bad at all.
                      Plus, now that they paved Cartwright Rd all the way to Bogus Basin, you
                      can easily go grocery shopping at the Boise Co-op if you aren't
                      temptede to risk ruining your reputation by shopping at WalMart on
                      Glenwood.

                      The best thing I can say about Hidden Springs is they have the BEST
                      annual garage sale of any subdivision in the area.

                      The downside: Hidden Springs is a California transplants getto. So many
                      people move there because it is exactly the type of subdivision they
                      would have liked to live in when they were in CA. The problem is, this
                      isn't CA. They are missing out on the wonderful areas to live in Idaho.

                      Rural? Ha! It is a sea of houses, asphalt and sidewalks. You want real
                      rural, live in Middleton or Emmett. Live where I do in Eagle where I
                      can wake up in the morning to the smell of cow manure from the dairy
                      across the street or go to sleep to the odor of polecat at night. BTW,
                      we're only a mile and a half from downtown Eagle. But then again we
                      have neighbors with horses, llamas, and chickens where I live. You're
                      not going to get that in 'rural' Hidden Springs.

                      When my daughter was attending kindergarten at Hidden Springs she
                      wanted us to move up there. Why? So she could walk to all her friends
                      homes after school. I have to admit, that is a nice aspect of life in
                      Hidden Springs. The downside? Those same cute 5-yr olds grow up to be
                      tweens and teens and are still running around the streets with nothing
                      better to do except 'hang out'. My granddaughter, age 10, comes to
                      visit us in the summer. She has (had) a friend who lives in Hidden
                      Springs and she refuses to go up there to visit anymore. The kids run
                      wild with barely any adult supervision. At 8 yrs old her girlfriend was
                      meeting boys at the playground 'to kiss'. Many families move up there,
                      buy more house than they can afford then both parents end up working
                      down in the valley. The kids know this. Even if the parents suspect
                      trouble it will be several minutes before any of them can drive home so
                      the kids just do what they want. Besides, like I said, the kids are
                      bored. What else can you do except walk down to the Merc?

                      BTW, the fire station up there is only manned during summer months when
                      field fires are more of a risk. Ask an insurance agent if your
                      homeowner's insurance will cost more because response times might be a
                      little longer out there.
                    • marksail007@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 13 , Sep 5, 2007
                        Bravo....couldn't have been better stated of how life in Perfectville is.

                      • doc_keys
                        Message 11 of 13 , Sep 6, 2007
                          Sweet! What great information, now I know i would never want to live
                          in a place like that infested which rich stuck up people, with bratty
                          kids running around unsuperised. Its funny that what I've notice about
                          Californians that move here they tend to move into the same
                          subdivisions, am i crazy when i say this? I dont live in town so I am
                          a few and far between tranplant, but I am renting and looking to buy a
                          house whenever.
                        • zzyzx08
                          Message 12 of 13 , Sep 6, 2007
                            i noticed that too. Now I know there aren't many houses that aren't
                            in
                            subdivisions. There really aren't those post-war homes, on tree-lined
                            streets in cities here. I am from SO CAl, and the cities just butt up
                            againt each other. there aren't too many track homes from L.A. to
                            Pomona until you get to Rancho Stinky-monga and Fontana. I lived in
                            Claremont...loved it, but a bit too rich for me. I did not buy in a
                            sub-
                            division because it was just like Cali. Too close, too in your
                            business, kids over all the time, etc. But I can see where a new-
                            comer
                            would like the neighborhood feel. But Hidden Springs was just weird,
                            like out of a Twilight Zone movie or like that housing development by
                            DisneyWorld. Very strict, grass 1/4" flowers match the house sort of
                            thing. Not for me. I bought my acre and I love is, but I am still
                            in 'town'. God luck to you!

                            --- In CAtoID@yahoogroups.com, "doc_keys" <doc_keys@...> wrote:

                            > Sweet! What great information, now I know i would never want to
                            live
                            > in a place like that infested which rich stuck up people, with
                            bratty
                            > kids running around unsuperised. Its funny that what I've notice
                            about
                            > Californians that move here they tend to move into the same
                            > subdivisions, am i crazy when i say this? I dont live in town so I
                            am
                            > a few and far between tranplant, but I am renting and looking to
                            buy
                            > house whenever.

                          • doc_keys
                            Message 13 of 13 , Sep 6, 2007
                              I grew up in Onterrible (Ontario), thought growing up I would spend
                              the rest of my life there, then it turned into gangland. I had so
                              many fights with my gangster neighbors it was pathetic. Of course
                              the trouble was with the kids and the parents didnt do s**t! My mom
                              and siblings still live there, with mom would move somewhere else
                              but shes getting up in age and doesnt want to move, go figure. Idaho
                              is nice but the allergies are worse here, so I leave from the smog
                              infested nasty air and live in allergy country, cant win!