Fairly new to Idaho from Sacramento

  • iheartjackbauer
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2007
      Hi everyone!

      My name is Casee and my family and I relocated to Kuna from Roseville,
      CA. My husband and I have two kids who are 5 and 6. My husband works
      in Meridian and I work downtown. It's the first time I've ever really
      had to commute! We've lived in Kuna almost a year now. It's amazing
      how fast time flies. It was a difficult adjustment at first because
      the lifestyle is so different and it is so much slower paced here.
      We're thinking about moving closer to Boise because Kuna doesn't have
      a lot of ammenities for kids (YMCA, Boys and Girls Club, community
      pool, etc.). I find myself driving a lot more than I did in
      California.

      Anyway, I look forward to getting to know everyone!

      Casee
    • Graeme Harrison
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2007
        From: iheartjackbauer
        <...> my family and I relocated to Kuna from Roseville, CA. <...>

        Before moving from South San Jose to Boise in 2002, we looked
        at homes in Roseville, Auburn, and Grass Valley. Back then, the
        cost of comparable housing here in Boise was $100K less.

        We're near Federal Way/E. Amity Rd and it takes about 10 minutes
        to get downtown. Can also follow Warm Springs Ave out there for
        a change of pace.

        Have been to Kuna several times, and it is a little out-of-the-way. I
        usually take Kuna-Mora Rd/Pleasant Valley Rd rather than 69/I-84
        as it's a much more relaxing drive.

        -=G
      • CT Crazed
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2007
          Hi Casee:::
          Were from Yuba City..
          Been here 3 yrs on the 7th of this month...
          We love it..
          Couldn't go back if ya PAID ME..

          Gene & Marlene Middleton~

          > My name is Casee and my family and I relocated to Kuna from Roseville,
          > CA. My husband and I have two kids who are 5 and 6. My husband works
          > in Meridian and I work downtown. It's the first time I've ever really
          > had to commute! We've lived in Kuna almost a year now. It's amazing
          > how fast time flies. It was a difficult adjustment at first because
          > the lifestyle is so different and it is so much slower paced here.
          > We're thinking about moving closer to Boise because Kuna doesn't have
          > a lot of ammenities for kids (YMCA, Boys and Girls Club, community
          > pool, etc.). I find myself driving a lot more than I did in
          > California.
          >
          > Anyway, I look forward to getting to know everyone!
          >
          > Casee
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Graeme Harrison
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 1, 2007
            From: CT Crazed
            > When we came in 04.. (From Yuba City) A comparable home to
            > what I bought in Middleton was $250,000. I paid less than 100k

            Have been to Yuba City/Marysville many times over the years as
            I've friends there. One moved from Marysville to Lincoln and other
            from Yuba City to Gridley.

            In the middle of one older, established neighborhoods in Gridley there's
            a bizarre residential development consisting of ex$pen$ive homes
            surrounded by an extremely tall wall. It reminds me of the Berlin
            Wall that divided East Germany from the west until it was torn down.

            -=G
          • CT Crazed
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 1, 2007
              When we came in 04.. (From Yuba City)
              A comparable home to what I bought in Middleton was $250,000. I paid less
              than 100k

              The Quality of LIFE here is MILLIONS of % Better....
              Cost if living is WAY LOWER.... (don't tell anyone)

              Gene
              Ca Escapee~

              > <...> my family and I relocated to Kuna from Roseville, CA. <...>
              >
              > Before moving from South San Jose to Boise in 2002, we looked
              > at homes in Roseville, Auburn, and Grass Valley. Back then, the
              > cost of comparable housing here in Boise was $100K less.
              >
              > We're near Federal Way/E. Amity Rd and it takes about 10 minutes
              > to get downtown. Can also follow Warm Springs Ave out there for
              > a change of pace.
              >
              > Have been to Kuna several times, and it is a little out-of-the-way. I
              > usually take Kuna-Mora Rd/Pleasant Valley Rd rather than 69/I-84
              > as it's a much more relaxing drive.
              >
              > -=G
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • CT Crazed