2 Guys and a Truck? and Marks Insurance

  • tzilt
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2007
      Hi,

      All this moving talk made me think of something. When (if) we move to
      Boise I am probably going to drive up myself with a rental truck
      loaded with our stuff and pull our car behind....something I am not
      relishing. My wife and daughter will then fly out a few days later.

      Since I will be pulling into Boise by myself I think I will need help
      with furniture and such. Around here there is something called "Two
      Guys and a Truck." You can hire them to haul stuff around, or you can
      just hire a couple guys to help you move stuff. Is there something
      like that in Boise?

      Insurance: Mark, what kind of insurance do you sell?
    • Mark Nielebeck
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2007
        Hi Ian,

        In regard to Insurance there's very little I don't have available, Auto,
        Home, Renters, Life, Health, Disability, Long-term care,
        Commercial/Business, Workers Comp, etc. So let me know if I can help.

        In regard to moving, why don't you let me know when you plan to get to
        town and I will put on my dirty jeans and come help lug stuff. I can
        probably even mobilize a friend or two to help also.

        -Mark Nielebeck
        (208) 340-2200

        --- tzilt <iancozine@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > All this moving talk made me think of something. When (if) we move to
        > Boise I am probably going to drive up myself with a rental truck
        > loaded with our stuff and pull our car behind....something I am not
        > relishing. My wife and daughter will then fly out a few days later.
        >
        > Since I will be pulling into Boise by myself I think I will need help
        > with furniture and such. Around here there is something called "Two
        > Guys and a Truck." You can hire them to haul stuff around, or you can
        > just hire a couple guys to help you move stuff. Is there something
        > like that in Boise?
        >
        > Insurance: Mark, what kind of insurance do you sell?

        TV dinner still cooling?
        http://tv.yahoo.com/
      • Bill
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2007
          My 2 cents regards moving using a rental truck. I have not done it,
          but
          I did consider it when I moved from CA to Boise. After talking to a
          couple of people that did move themselves with a rental truck, I
          heard
          a pretty resounding "I'd never do that again" comment. If you have
          help loading/unloading that makes lot's of sense - but you still
          have a
          2 day drive from (say) N. Calif to here w/car in tow.

          I may consider doing the truck rental thing for my move back to
          NorCal,
          but I'll first checkout quotes via moving companies. I was able to
          get
          my belongings moved here from N. Calif. for $2200 with Allied Van
          Lines. Yes, that was more costly than renting a truck myself...but
          not
          a great deal more - and of course the work (load/drive/unload) was
          taken care of for me. I had a relativey small load, about 2200 lbs
          (2 br apartment worth of stuff)
          that was loaded on a consolidated shipment w/Allied.

          Best of luck on your move!

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 1, 2007
            Bill that is certainly something to consider. Especially considering I
            am coming from Wisconsin which is quite a bit further. And I will
            probably have 2 cats with me. Sounds like a recipe for disaster doesnt it?

            $2200 for a moving company? That seems really reasonable. To rent a
            14' truck and car tower looks like it will run about $1600 from
            Wisconsin. And thats not including gas on the way (at least another
            $200 I would think)

            Ugg, I wish I could just teleport my stuff there. Or, go back to the
            days when all of my stuff fit in the backseat of my car. :-P

            --- In CAtoID@yahoogroups.com, "Bill" <bill.gosma@...> wrote:

            > My 2 cents regards moving using a rental truck. I have not done it,
            > but
            > I did consider it when I moved from CA to Boise. After talking to a
            > couple of people that did move themselves with a rental truck, I
            > heard
            > a pretty resounding "I'd never do that again" comment. If you have
            > help loading/unloading that makes lot's of sense - but you still
            > have a
            > 2 day drive from (say) N. Calif to here w/car in tow.
            >
            > I may consider doing the truck rental thing for my move back to
            > NorCal,
            > but I'll first checkout quotes via moving companies. I was able to
            > get
            > my belongings moved here from N. Calif. for $2200 with Allied Van
            > Lines. Yes, that was more costly than renting a truck myself...but
            > not
            > a great deal more - and of course the work (load/drive/unload) was
            > taken care of for me. I had a relativey small load, about 2200 lbs
            > (2 br apartment worth of stuff)
            > that was loaded on a consolidated shipment w/Allied.
            >
            > Best of luck on your move!
            >
            > --- In CAtoID@yahoogroups.com, "tzilt" <iancozine@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi,
            > >
            > > All this moving talk made me think of something. When (if) we move
            > > Boise I am probably going to drive up myself with a rental truck
            > > loaded with our stuff and pull our car behind....something I am not
            > > relishing. My wife and daughter will then fly out a few days
            > later.
            > >
            > > Since I will be pulling into Boise by myself I think I will need
            > help
            > > with furniture and such. Around here there is something called "Two
            > > Guys and a Truck." You can hire them to haul stuff around, or you
            > can
            > > just hire a couple guys to help you move stuff. Is there something
            > > like that in Boise?
            > >
            > > Insurance: Mark, what kind of insurance do you sell?

          • brian ritchie
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 1, 2007
              About moving with a rental truck.....When I moved from the los angeles area to Boise I checked on renting a truck and moving myself....I found that renting a truck cost almost as much as hiring people to do the move for me....I hired the movers and I was happy I did...

              Bill <bill.gosma@...> wrote:
              My 2 cents regards moving using a rental truck. I have not done it,
              but
              I did consider it when I moved from CA to Boise. After talking to a
              couple of people that did move themselves with a rental truck, I
              heard
              a pretty resounding "I'd never do that again" comment. If you have
              help loading/unloading that makes lot's of sense - but you still
              have a
              2 day drive from (say) N. Calif to here w/car in tow.

              I may consider doing the truck rental thing for my move back to
              NorCal,
              but I'll first checkout quotes via moving companies. I was able to
              get
              my belongings moved here from N. Calif. for $2200 with Allied Van
              Lines. Yes, that was more costly than renting a truck myself...but
              not
              a great deal more - and of course the work (load/drive/ unload) was
              taken care of for me. I had a relativey small load, about 2200 lbs
              (2 br apartment worth of stuff)
              that was loaded on a consolidated shipment w/Allied.

              Best of luck on your move!

              --- In CAtoID@yahoogroups. com, "tzilt" <iancozine@. ..> wrote:

              > Hi,
              >
              > All this moving talk made me think of something. When (if) we move
              > Boise I am probably going to drive up myself with a rental truck
              > loaded with our stuff and pull our car behind....something I am not
              > relishing. My wife and daughter will then fly out a few days
              later.

              > Since I will be pulling into Boise by myself I think I will need
              help
              > with furniture and such. Around here there is something called "Two
              > Guys and a Truck." You can hire them to haul stuff around, or you
              can
              > just hire a couple guys to help you move stuff. Is there something
              > like that in Boise?
              >
              > Insurance: Mark, what kind of insurance do you sell?

              in 45,000 destinations on Yahoo! Travel
              to find your fit.