New Member

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2006
      Hi everyone,

      I just recently joined this group and wanted to introduce myself.
      I have lived in Boise for most of my life and am a self-employed
      PC/server/Network repair tech. I can help anyone with your business or
      residential computer needs. I am heavily certified in computers (just
      ask for a list if you are interested) I have reasonable rates and will
      come to your location if you wish. I look forward to the topics listed
      in this group and wish everyon a pleasant day

      Chris
      bcrickirk@...
    • subliminalawakening
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 27, 2007
        Hi all, new member here, KiKi, age 26, residing in Nampa. Moved out
        here just a few years ago from the Bay Area (Sunnyvale, just between
        San Jose and San Francisco), and suffered severe culture shock!
        Lately, with the World Market, Best Buy, Target, and Starbucks opening
        up in a closer proximity than the area around the Boise mall, it's
        beginning to feel more like home. My Saturday morning ritual used to
        be driving out to Meridian for coffee :S I commute to Boise for work
        now though, so I'm glad to not have to every weekend just for a
        morning cuppa.

        Speaking of commuting, does anyone else find it INSANE that with all
        the growth the public tranportation hasn't been better sorted out? I'm
        of the mind that they should have forecasted the growth with all the
        housing they were building, which means some effort towards public
        transport should have been made to help offset the traffic "problems"
        they are having now. By problems I don't mean the morning parking lot
        at Garrity, that doesn't seem that bad to me, but I do mean the way
        the freeway blocks up for hours if just two cars collide. That is the
        main thing I miss about CA (aside from the Beach, Togos sandwiches,
        and the palm trees, not to mention Santa Cruz and Haight/Ashbury), the
        great bus and lightrail routes. I didn't both getting a drivers
        license until I was 21 years old, because I liked walking and riding
        the bus.

        Ah well, here's to ringing in the New Years! I'm happy to meet all of you!
      • JOHN DUGAN
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 27, 2007
          Welcome KiKi..You can get lots of info from this
          group, and people are very helpful and friendly.
          Sorry to say the traffic will get worse before it gets
          better. Poor planning. Anyway have fun and enjoy.
          HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!! John .......in Santa Cruz, but
          will be back to Idaho in April.
          --- subliminalawakening

          Johnnybitchin

          http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
        • Andrew Clausing
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 27, 2007
            Hey all!

            I am looking for some one, some ones, or anything that might want to meet up and do some snowboarding this year. If anyone would like to do so speak up!  Cause I am going up again today! Its great fun!

            If you have never snow boarded before and want to try, I will be more than happy to help you out.
            If you have been a few times and just want to go for fun that is great.
            If your droping off Dimands then have fun on your own :P

            Andrew

          • Graeme Harrison
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 27, 2007
              From: subliminalawakening
              > Hi all, new member here, KiKi, age 26, residing in Nampa. Moved out
              > here just a few years ago from the Bay Area (Sunnyvale, just between
              > San Jose and San Francisco), and suffered severe culture shock!

              My old group of friends used to call it Funnyvale. Big Sur was known
              as Big Slurp. Then there's Berzerkeley. As far as culture shock goes,
              it just took awhile to get acclimated to it. Have you had the chance to
              visit Idaho City yet?

              > Lately, with the World Market, Best Buy, Target, and Starbucks opening
              > up in a closer proximity than the area around the Boise mall, it's
              > beginning to feel more like home. <snipped>

              The population growth in Nampa/Caldwell made all the difference there.

              > <snipped> By problems I don't mean the morning parking lot
              > at Garrity, that doesn't seem that bad to me, but I do mean the way
              > the freeway blocks up for hours if just two cars collide.

              I don't live in Nampa and commute to Boise, but there are quite a few
              secondary roads btw Nampa and Boise. Can't recommend any as I've
              no firsthand experience with them. However, you can experiment with
              the east-west roads south and north of I-84. Perhaps some folks on
              this happy little group can offer better suggestions.

              > That is the
              > main thing I miss about CA (aside from the Beach, Togos sandwiches,
              > and the palm trees, not to mention Santa Cruz and Haight/Ashbury), the
              > great bus and lightrail routes. I didn't both getting a drivers
              > license until I was 21 years old, because I liked walking and riding
              > the bus.

              There are beaches along the rivers out here. We definately miss Togos.
              Papa Joe's by BSU and Cobby's on Boardway as close as I can get. I
              passed through Moscow in North Central Idaho this past summer, and
              it reminds me of Santa Cruz albeit without the ocean, wharf, and palm
              trees. Haight-Ashbury evolved into an exclusive real estate address,
              but it still has those cool shops.

              You could look into getting a scooter or motorcycle as training is
              available for beginning riders from Idaho STAR.

              Cheers!
              -=G
              www.tvrides.com