Re: Purchasing a house

  • txcaokidboy
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 19, 2012
      I'm not sure where Rocky Mountain HS is, but in Boise, they take / allow out of district students subject to enrollment limitations, I believe. I also think if the student is a current student, they won't remove them from the rolls due to those limitations.

      Out of curosity, who's your residential agent? I don't do residential real estate, but always looking for good residential agents for referrals.

      Scott Nicholson
      Boise Valley Commercial Real Estate, LLC
      http://www.BVCRE.com
      208-890-3939

      --- In CAtoID@yahoogroups.com, Kimberly Thompson <kimberlythompson8@...> wrote:

      > Hi All,
      >

      > We haven't had much chat on here lately. I'm getting ready to make a really
      > big decision and would like some input from our group.
      >

      > After living in Idaho for 4 years, we have finally reached a point where we
      > can purchase a home here in Meridian. It was a slow go, getting our feet on
      > the ground, but we have finally done it. I have spent the last 20 years
      > dreaming of a time when I could finally buy a home. Moving to Idaho was a
      > conscious decision because we knew that housing was more affordable and we
      > knew that once we established ourselves, we could have a better lifestyle
      > than in CA. That has absolutely proven to be true.
      >

      > Here are my questions:
      >

      > #1: Has anyone had experience of moving out of the high school boundaries
      > and still keeping your kid in their same school?
      >
      > . Rocky Mountain High School
      >
      > . We probably won't be closing on the house until Summer, and he is
      > already registered for next year.
      >
      > . When do they really find out that you have moved?
      >
      > . He has two more years of high school.
      >
      > . I made contact with the principal and they don't make those
      > decisions until the end of March. We won't be in a new home yet, so it's a
      > moot point until we buy.
      >
      > . It would feel better if they gave me a guarantee that he could
      > stay.
      >
      > . RMHS is full and they are not letting transfer students in. But, I
      > am thinking that we might be able to get around it because he is already an
      > existing student. He would also just start the new year as normal and they
      > wouldn't' even know that we moved. Am I thinking right???
      >
      > . Also, I am willing to have him "rent" from a friend in Paramount.
      > He will be 17 by summer. I don't know if this is old enough to claim that
      > your child is renting.
      >

      > #2: How many of you own a Cory Barton home? How many of you have sold one? I
      > have a lot of questions.
      >
      > . We are looking at Crossfield. Cory Barton just bought out this
      > neighborhood. James Clyde used to own it.
      >
      > . There are many Cory Barton neighborhoods that I haven't been happy
      > with how they have progressed over the years. The ones that I like are
      > Sundance and Vantana. It seems like the ones with a pool are holding their
      > look better. Maybe I am leaning toward this opinion just because I want a
      > subdivision with a pool.
      >
      > . I'm guessing that my resale value wouldn't be too great on a Cory
      > Barton. Does anyone have experience with this?
      >
      > . I do realize that even if my resale isn't great, my cash flow
      > would be better.
      >

      > This is an exciting time of life. I don't know why I'm letting it stress me
      > out so much. Thanks for letting me think out loud with you. If you can think
      > of information that I may not have thought to ask, I'm open.
      >

      > FYI: I have a great realtor. Just so that I don't get a ton of responses
> [...]
    • Janice L Eickhorst
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 19, 2012
        I am in the process of buying a home here in Boise -- my realtor is efficient, industrious and thorough, and a pleasure to work with.  Her name is Janice Stieger.
      • Mike Mauden
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 19, 2012

          We are great residential agents and we love referrals. Your clients will not be disappointed, I guarantee it….

          Have a great day everybody,

          Mike

          Mike Mauden - Associate Broker

          Silvercreek Realty Group

          Bus  (208) 377-0422
          Cell (208) 870-6392 (call or text anytime)

          Fax (208) 401-0784
          website:  www.mikemauden.com
          email to: mike@...

          “Honesty and integrity above all else!”