Purchasing a house

  • Kimberly Thompson
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 15, 2012

      Hi All,

      We haven’t had much chat on here lately. I’m getting ready to make a really big decision and would like some input from our group.

      After living in Idaho for 4 years, we have finally reached a point where we can purchase a home here in Meridian. It was a slow go, getting our feet on the ground, but we have finally done it. I have spent the last 20 years dreaming of a time when I could finally buy a home. Moving to Idaho was a conscious decision because we knew that housing was more affordable and we knew that once we established ourselves, we could have a better lifestyle than in CA. That has absolutely proven to be true.

      Here are my questions:

      #1: Has anyone had experience of moving out of the high school boundaries and still keeping your kid in their same school?

      ·         Rocky Mountain High School

      ·         We probably won’t be closing on the house until Summer, and he is already registered for next year.

      ·         When do they really find out that you have moved?

      ·         He has two more years of high school.

      ·         I made contact with the principal and they don’t make those decisions until the end of March. We won’t be in a new home yet, so it’s a moot point until we buy.

      ·         It would feel better if they gave me a guarantee that he could stay.

      ·         RMHS is full and they are not letting transfer students in. But, I am thinking that we might be able to get around it because he is already an existing student. He would also just start the new year as normal and they wouldn’t’ even know that we moved. Am I thinking right???

      ·         Also, I am willing to have him “rent” from a friend in Paramount. He will be 17 by summer. I don’t know if this is old enough to claim that your child is renting…

      #2: How many of you own a Cory Barton home? How many of you have sold one? I have a lot of questions…

      ·         We are looking at Crossfield. Cory Barton just bought out this neighborhood. James Clyde used to own it.

      ·         There are many Cory Barton neighborhoods that I haven’t been happy with how they have progressed over the years. The ones that I like are Sundance and Vantana. It seems like the ones with a pool are holding their look better. Maybe I am leaning toward this opinion just because I want a subdivision with a pool.

      ·         I’m  guessing that my resale value wouldn’t be too great on a Cory Barton. Does anyone have experience with this?

      ·         I do realize that even if my resale isn’t great, my cash flow would be better.

      This is an exciting time of life. I don’t know why I’m letting it stress me out so much. Thanks for letting me think out loud with you. If you can think of information that I may not have thought to ask, I’m open.

      FYI: I have a great realtor. Just so that I don’t get a ton of responses telling me of a good one. ;)

      Kimberly Thompson, L.Ac.

      Meridian Family Acupuncture

      Cell:  208-965-3777

      MeridianFamilyAcupuncture.com

    • txcaokidboy
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 19, 2012
        I'm not sure where Rocky Mountain HS is, but in Boise, they take / allow out of district students subject to enrollment limitations, I believe. I also think if the student is a current student, they won't remove them from the rolls due to those limitations.

        Out of curosity, who's your residential agent? I don't do residential real estate, but always looking for good residential agents for referrals.

        Scott Nicholson
        Boise Valley Commercial Real Estate, LLC
        http://www.BVCRE.com
        208-890-3939

        --- In CAtoID@yahoogroups.com, Kimberly Thompson <kimberlythompson8@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > neighborhood. James Clyde used to own it.
        >
        > . There are many Cory Barton neighborhoods that I haven't been happy
        > with how they have progressed over the years. The ones that I like are
        > Sundance and Vantana. It seems like the ones with a pool are holding their
        > look better. Maybe I am leaning toward this opinion just because I want a
        > subdivision with a pool.
        >
        > . I'm guessing that my resale value wouldn't be too great on a Cory
        > Barton. Does anyone have experience with this?
        >
        > . I do realize that even if my resale isn't great, my cash flow
        > would be better.
        >

        > This is an exciting time of life. I don't know why I'm letting it stress me
        > out so much. Thanks for letting me think out loud with you. If you can think
        > of information that I may not have thought to ask, I'm open.
        >

        > FYI: I have a great realtor. Just so that I don't get a ton of responses

      • Janice L Eickhorst
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 19, 2012
          I am in the process of buying a home here in Boise -- my realtor is efficient, industrious and thorough, and a pleasure to work with.  Her name is Janice Stieger.
        • Mike Mauden
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 19, 2012

            We are great residential agents and we love referrals. Your clients will not be disappointed, I guarantee it….

            Have a great day everybody,

            Mike

            Mike Mauden - Associate Broker

            Silvercreek Realty Group

            Bus  (208) 377-0422
            Cell (208) 870-6392 (call or text anytime)

            Fax (208) 401-0784
            website:  www.mikemauden.com
            email to: mike@...

            “Honesty and integrity above all else!”