Re: [CAtoID] In-N-Out!!!!!!

  • Jana Kiser
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 8, 2011
      WOW group - If you have not tried the Burger Express on Fairview and you were in In and Out fan in CA- Kimberly is right on - it tastes and looks just like In n out!!! Felt like I was eating at the original for sure - we CANT stop going there - 3x this week -(they dont know what animal style is here though...yet )

      Enjoy!!

      From: Kimberly Thompson <kimberlythompson8@...>
      Subject: [CAtoID] In-N-Out!!!!!!
      To: catoid@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, July 27, 2011, 2:38 PM

      Okay friends—I have just got to share!

      Burger Express on Fairview—just east of Cole.

      Double Express Burger:  Exactly like the Double Double

      Fries:  Exactly like In-N-Out

      Cheesy Fries: EXACTLY like In-N-Out only better. They owner told me that In-N-Out puts theirs in the microwave to melt the cheese and he doesn’t.

      The menu looks the same.

      The chocolate shake tastes the same.

      You have GOT TO TRY IT!!!

      I know you’ll thank me.  J

      Kimberly Thompson,

      Meridian Family Acupuncture

      Meridian, Idaho

    • Kimberly Thompson
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 8, 2011

        I am so glad that you enjoyed it.  The guy who owns it is my neighbor and he is putting his heart and soul into making this place awesome. It is a family run business. If you want the fries with onions, cheese and sauce they named it  “Cheesy Fries” and it isn’t on the menu.  You have got to know to ask for it.

        Kimberly

        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 8, 2011
          Enjoy it while you can - he's being sued by In-N-Out - saw it on the news!!

          --- In CAtoID@yahoogroups.com, Kimberly Thompson <kimberlythompson8@...> wrote:

          > I am so glad that you enjoyed it. The guy who owns it is my neighbor and he is putting his heart and soul into making this place awesome. It is a family run business. If you want the fries with onions, cheese and sauce they named it “Cheesy Fries” and it isn’t on the menu. You have got to know to ask for it.
          >

          > Kimberly

        • Sabrina Orihuela
          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 8, 2011
            I am going to have to kindly disagree. We ate there last month and I thought it was horrible. In no way a comparison and really a rip off of In-N-Out. The patties were so thin, the fries tasted frozen. No thanks. I understand trying to mimic the BEST burger ever, but don't try to ride on the coat tails of a company that has worked so hard to keep thier business great. Him getting sued by In-N-Out is no surprise, just like Chadders.

            I wish him well, I understand he had a terrible family loss, my heart goes out to him and his family.

            Sabrina

            Enjoy it while you can - he's being sued by In-N-Out - saw it on the news!!

            --- In CAtoID@yahoogroups.com, Kimberly Thompson <kimberlythompson8@...> wrote:

            > I am so glad that you enjoyed it. The guy who owns it is my neighbor and he is putting his heart and soul into making this place awesome. It is a family run business. If you want the fries with onions, cheese and sauce they named it “Cheesy Fries� and it isn’t on the menu. You have got to know to ask for it.
            >

            > Kimberly

          • Kimberly Thompson
            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 8, 2011

              I’m pretty sure that the fries are made fresh—which would make it hard for them to taste frozen. He had issues with IN and Out but they have come to an agreement about a few things as to how they are presented on the menu. He does not have to change the food, or the taste per their agreement. So, at this point he is not being sued.

              I found their food to be far from horrible.  It is really great food, and great service in my opinion.

              I’m sorry that you had a bad experience. We love the food and you’re the first person that I found that doesn’t. I hope that others that love an IN and OUT style hamburger and fries will at least try it out.

              Kimberly

              I am going to have to kindly disagree. We ate there last month and I thought it was horrible. In no way a comparison and really a rip off of In-N-Out. The patties were so thin, the fries tasted frozen. No thanks. I understand trying to mimic the BEST burger ever, but don't try to ride on the coat tails of a company that has worked so hard to keep thier business great. Him getting sued by In-N-Out is no surprise, just like Chadders.

              I wish him well, I understand he had a terrible family loss, my heart goes out to him and his family.

              Sabrina

              Enjoy it while you can - he's being sued by In-N-Out - saw it on the news!!

              --- In CAtoID@yahoogroups.com, Kimberly Thompson <kimberlythompson8@...> wrote:

              > I am so glad that you enjoyed it. The guy who owns it is my neighbor and he is putting his heart and soul into making this place awesome. It is a family run business. If you want the fries with onions, cheese and sauce they named it “Cheesy Friesâ€
              and it isn’t on the menu. You have got to know to ask for it.

              > Kimberly

            • Gail Buchmann
              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 8, 2011

                these guys are close but I have to say that i think 'Icebergs" double cheeseburger is even more like the in and out double. (0: Check out Iceberg and let me know what u think.
[...]

              • Jill Le Roy - Clarkson
                Message 7 of 17 , Aug 8, 2011
                  wow, the best burger ever? in and out?  it's nice for fast food but it's still fast food!  scrawny patti, mediocre fries...  I like that everything is fresh and and it's the only fast food joint I ever take my kids to but I can't see how anyone could say it's  the best burger ever...and if it was well, that would be depressing!    in-n- out is great on the fly but is in no way a gourmet experience....

                  On Aug 8, 2011, at 1:26 PM, Sabrina Orihuela wrote:

                  I am going to have to kindly disagree. We ate there last month and I thought it was horrible. In no way a comparison and really a rip off of In-N-Out. The patties were so thin, the fries tasted frozen. No thanks. I understand trying to mimic the BEST burger ever, but don't try to ride on the coat tails of a company that has worked so hard to keep thier business great. Him getting sued by In-N-Out is no surprise, just like Chadders.

                  I wish him well, I understand he had a terrible family loss, my heart goes out to him and his family.

                  Sabrina

                  Enjoy it while you can - he's being sued by In-N-Out - saw it on the news!!

                  --- In CAtoID@yahoogroups.com, Kimberly Thompson <kimberlythompson8@...> wrote:

                  > I am so glad that you enjoyed it. The guy who owns it is my neighbor and he is putting his heart and soul into making this place awesome. It is a family run business. If you want the fries with onions, cheese and sauce they named it “Cheesy Fries� and it isn’t on the menu. You have got to know to ask for it.
                  >

                  > Kimberly

                • Jana Kiser
                  Message 8 of 17 , Aug 9, 2011
                    wow - you guys must NOT miss IN AND OUT form CA the way my family does!!! - we have been to Burger Express 3 times this week already and have loved every experience there -Super friendly - excellent food and the grilled onions excel -also, I do not think IN AND OUT has any right to sue someone since they are the ones that REFUSE to put in one of their restaurants in OUR state. If someone is honoring them by having a duplicate burger with a different name, thats great with me!!! Now if IN AND OUT was here in ID, that may be different!!!

                    Enjoy it while you can - he's being sued by In-N-Out - saw it on the news!!

                    --- In CAtoID@yahoogroups.com, Kimberly Thompson <kimberlythompson8@...> wrote:

                    > I am so glad that you enjoyed it. The guy who owns it is my neighbor and he is putting his heart and soul into making this place awesome. It is a family run business. If you want the fries with onions, cheese and sauce they named it “Cheesy Fries� and it isn’t on the menu. You have got to know to ask for it.
                    >

                    > Kimberly

                  • Mark Nielebeck
                    Message 9 of 17 , Aug 9, 2011
                      The irony is, there was a place called Chadders down on Milwaukee where the Iceberg is now and they also were sued by In N Out and driven out of business.  Frankly although their food is good, I would take Red Robin any day over In N Out and Five Guys is good enough that I don't really wish the sue-happy empire of In N Out were here...they can just stay home as far as I'm concerned!

                      ; )
                      -Mark

                      wow - you guys must NOT miss IN AND OUT form CA the way my family does!!! - we have been to Burger Express 3 times this week already and have loved every experience there -Super friendly - excellent food and the grilled onions excel -also, I do not think IN AND OUT has any right to sue someone since they are the ones that REFUSE to put in one of their restaurants in OUR state. If someone is honoring them by having a duplicate burger with a different name, thats great with me!!! Now if IN AND OUT was here in ID, that may be different!!!

                      Enjoy it while you can - he's being sued by In-N-Out - saw it on the news!!

                      --- In CAtoID@yahoogroups.com, Kimberly Thompson <kimberlythompson8@...> wrote:

                      > I am so glad that you enjoyed it. The guy who owns it is my neighbor and he is putting his heart and soul into making this place awesome. It is a family run business. If you want the fries with onions, cheese and sauce they named it “Cheesy Fries� and it isn’t on the menu. You have got to know to ask for it.
                      >

                      > Kimberly

                    • Christie Reed
                      Message 10 of 17 , Aug 9, 2011
                        We took the family there and didn't care for it either : (  Definately
                        not the same.

                      • jennlac@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 17 , Aug 9, 2011

                          From: Mark Nielebeck <mnielebe@...>
                          Sender: CAtoID@yahoogroups.com
                          Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 19:11:41 -0700 (PDT)
                          To: <CAtoID@yahoogroups.com>
                          ReplyTo: CAtoID@yahoogroups.com

                        • monte_2319@YAHOO.com
                          Message 12 of 17 , Aug 9, 2011
                            Why the heck is everyone talking about fast food. The group we joined said nothing about fast food debates. Take this garbage to yahoo chat

                            Sent from my Motorola Smartphone on the Now Network from Sprint!

                            The irony is, there was a place called Chadders down on Milwaukee where the Iceberg is now and they also were sued by In N Out and driven out of business.  Frankly although their food is good, I would take Red Robin any day over In N Out and Five Guys is good enough that I don't really wish the sue-happy empire of In N Out were here...they can just stay home as far as I'm concerned!

                            ; )
                            -Mark

                            wow - you guys must NOT miss IN AND OUT form CA the way my family does!!! - we have been to Burger Express 3 times this week already and have loved every experience there -Super friendly - excellent food and the grilled onions excel -also, I do not think IN AND OUT has any right to sue someone since they are the ones that REFUSE to put in one of their restaurants in OUR state. If someone is honoring them by having a duplicate burger with a different name, thats great with me!!! Now if IN AND OUT was here in ID, that may be different!!!

                            Enjoy it while you can - he's being sued by In-N-Out - saw it on the news!!

                            --- In CAtoID@yahoogroups.com, Kimberly Thompson <kimberlythompson8@...> wrote:

                            > I am so glad that you enjoyed it. The guy who owns it is my neighbor and he is putting his heart and soul into making this place awesome. It is a family run business. If you want the fries with onions, cheese and sauce they named it “Cheesy Fries� and it isn’t on the menu. You have got to know to ask for it.
                            >

                            > Kimberly

                          • JOHN DUGAN
                            Message 13 of 17 , Aug 10, 2011

                              Gee Monte..take a chill pill...its not really a big thing..frankly I liked the place they are talking about...by the way? What input about anything do you have?

                              Johnnybitchin

                              Message 14 of 17 , Aug 10, 2011
                                By the way..im riding the Motorcycle back  to Santa Cruz tommorow.  No In&Outs and not really many drive thrus..even Mickey Ds doesnt have one....and the best burger we can get is either Betty Boops or Jacks Burger...Enjoy what ya got here..Some good places to eat in the treasure valley..Me? Im ready for some Calamari on the Santa Cruz Wharf...and some 70s temps....Enjoy...John

                                Johnnybitchin

                                Message 15 of 17 , Aug 10, 2011

                                  I'm jealous! bring us back some sand.