we made it here - yea

  • Jana Kiser
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 15, 2011
      Hi all

      Well we made it from California to Idaho - we really did it!!

      It took us 5 days because of getting snowed in in Salt Lake City and wanting to stop in Vegas (not always a good idea on a budget - lol)

      But we are here and LOVE it - we got a cute house in Meridan just a few doors down from Meridian High - we did not need the snow chains after all due to the 4 wheel drive car but are keeping them just in case.

      Thank you all for all your advice - some parts of the drive we very scarry in a blizzard and unfortunately the Grand Canyon was closed when we finally arrived at the North side but Zion National Park was cool and we got some nice gems and decor for our new home.

      So far my favorite place is Smash Burger (yummy) but my husband discovered Cabellas is his place of choice and he is in heaven now) (much like bass Pro Shop in CA)

      Our girls are going to Meridian High and Meridian Middle School and dont know anyone yet so if anyone has kids that age at those school my kids would love to hear about the schools - our # is 951-858-1115

      Any advice on the good fishing or hunting spots too would be great - or if any of you get together to go hunting, my husband would love to be included - we only know 2 people here so far so we would love to meet some of you if any live close by.

      We - its time to go hit super-walmart (they are sooo big here)

      Thanks again to everyone who gave us info and advice to make our trip here a success!

      Talk to ya soon

      Jana and Harry Kiser
    • JOHN DUGAN
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 15, 2011

        welcome to Idaho..what part of California did ya move from?  knew a Kiser in Ontario.....

        Johnnybitchin

[...]

        Welcome to Idaho..I also have a house by the high school...decent area...

      • Alicia Boman
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 15, 2011
          Welcome to Meridian. We have one at (10/11th grader)Meridian HS and one at (7th) Lewis and Clark Middle School. Oh, ours are both girls as well.....let us know, maybe we could all get together

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 15, 2011
            Glad to hear you made it!  Was wondering about you guys the other day!

            Shanna Schriner,

            Adventure Marine, LLC
            www.AdventureMarineIdaho.com

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 15, 2011
              Hi Jana!

              Glad to see you made it intact. I'm the one who came through in my SUV last winter in a blizzard as well. White knuckles all the way!

              We live in Star and although we homeschool, we have a daughter in 8th. We would love to have you out for dessert and coffee. If that works for you let me know and maybe we can meetup on a Sunday (my day off).

              Warmly,
              Gail
[...]

            • Leticia Juarez-Sisson
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 18, 2011
                Hi Jana,
                  Welcome to Idaho. I remember the group had planned a bbq last summer did it ever happen? If not let's try to start one up again I'll be willing to open up my home for it. We have a pretty good size backyard. Just let me know!

                Leticia Juarez-Sisson
                559-307-5376