Re: [CAtoID] New here!

  • kimberlythompson8@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 71 , Aug 28, 2008
      Hello Talo and Crissee,

      My name is Kimberly and we just moved to Idaho a month ago.  I understand your excitement.  We researched this move for a year before we actually got here.  Once we made our official decision we were chomping at the bit just to "get here already!"  I know exactly what is going on at your house right now.  Every chance you get you are online researching Idaho.  You have probably started reading the local paper online and laughing at the silly comments that some of the people make.  You lay in bed at night talking about your plan.  You talk about your plan over breakfast, lunch and dinner.  You wake up in the morning talking about your plan.  Been there....

      This web group is really great for information and moral support.  My husband and I both came without jobs....  But--I just graduated college in San Diego as an acupuncturist and hope to be licensed shortly.  My husband is a tax man and we know that he can find work at the first of the year.  He also kept is tax office in CA just in case he didn't find anything secure here right away.  He can go back for three months next year and bring back his CA income to get us by for awhile longer.  By then I should have my acupuncture clinic up and running.

      Having just enrolled three of my kids into three different schools here we are completely amazed.  We have a daughter that is studying elementary education and she thinks that the schools here in Idaho would be like working a dream job in comparison to CA.  We live in Meridian and our elementary school is only about a year old.  As we were watching all the kids walk in a line down the hall in their "perfect" school we just smiled and shook our heads.  My daughter said:  "Mom, these kids have no idea what it is like to go to school in the real world."  We have been completely amazed at how great everyone has been at each of the schools.

      Keep planning, dreaming, and creating.  Your move day will eventually come.

      Best of luck!

      Kimberly

      Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2008 4:14 PM
      Subject: RE: [CAtoID] New here!

      That’s good news Christie! I hope you are right. I am in process of contacting and applying with many of the schools and colleges in the Boise area. Thanks!

      Talo

      From: Talo Pinto <cpinto1966@adelphia .net>
      To: CAtoID@yahoogroups. com
      Date: Thursday, August 28, 2008, 10:15 AM

      Wow! Sounds like you have been through quite a lot in Boise . Thanks for your honesty. I can’t say I blame you for moving. Certainly there is a lot more opportunity economically in CA. I think all of my plans for relocating to Boise will depend on acquiring a decent job (teaching). I will be curious to see what economy looks like in Boise in coming months. Things are getting tough everywhere in America now and not likely to get better for sometime. Let’s hope we all get what we want and need to prosper…

      From: JOHN DUGAN <johnnybitchin@ yahoo.com>
      To: CAtoID@yahoogroups. com
      Date: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 1:23 PM

      Crissee..Big welcome to Idaho !  However, you will find the job market here really terrible.  Lots of layoffs and unless you are a professional you will find jobs are hard to find.  Do yourself a favor and secure a position for yourself before moving here.  Hate to put a damper on your move, but I have heard horror stories about folks from California delivering Pizza just to make ends meet. Again, tough job market in Boise area, and other transplants will agree....... . Good Luck with you move.  John (retired and glad)

      Johnnybitchin

      From: Mike Smith <smitty6439@yahoo. com>
      To: CAtoID@yahoogroups. com
      Date: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 9:34 AM

      Welcome Crissee,

      Been kinda quiet on this board lately maybe you can liven things up. We(me, wife, 2 kids, 1 grandkid) are from the IE which is close to the OC. You will find many NorCal transplants here but there are several from Socal. Been in Boise a little over 2 years now and lovin' it. What is your ETA to Idaho ?

      Mike

      Message 71 of 71 , Sep 9, 2008
        Heather,
        Please contact me at Pullover Prints