How Californians See America

  • Graeme Harrison
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 2, 2008

      Saw both of these on the city-data dot com forum for Idaho ...am not the OP.

      A Texan, a Californian, and a guy from Idaho were all sitting around the campfire,
      drinking, telling stories and shooting at things (very stupid, but this is just a joke so
      don't sweat it).

      The Texan takes a drink out of his Tequila bottle throws it up in the air and shoots it.
      The other guys are aghast. "Why did you do that? That stuff is expensive!" The Texan
      says, "Nah, we've got lots of Tequila in Texas."

      So the California takes a drink out of his wine bottle throws it up in the air and shoots it.
      The other two ask, "Why did you do that? That bottle was still over half full!" The Californian
      says, "So? We have lots of wine in California."

      Next the guy from Idaho takes a sip from his can of Budweiser, sets it down on a nearby
      stump and shoots the Californian dead. The Texan is shocked, and stammers, "Why, why
       . did you do that?"

      The guy from Idaho says, "Didn't you know? We've got lots of Californians in Idaho!"

      -=Grumbler
    • Sabrina Orihuela
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 2, 2008

        the joke was lame, but the map was freakin' funny!  thanks for the laugh...and grumble.

        Sabrina

        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 2, 2008
          and what is you point with the joke

          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 3, 2008
            Not to put too fine or blunt a point on it, but was merely
            forwarding the map and joke from the city-data dot com
            forum. Nothing more than that.

            Then again, we do have folks that take jokes like that far
            too seriously or personally. It was not my intention to, uh,
            offend anyone's delicate sensibilities.

            -=G

            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 3, 2008
              Ya ought to hear the jokes the (Real) Californians..say about the people in Idaho..from a true Prunepicker...no offense..but sure am glad I kept my house in Santa Cruz...Johnny

              Johnnybitchin

              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 3, 2008
                I liked the joke... I think it sorta reflects on the true sentiment
                of "some" of the folks around here... So for I haven't run into any
                problems with it, aside from idiots in Idaho chat rooms... which I
                don't visit often (I was looking for a mechanic)... Anyhoo... no need
                to get the unn's in a bundle over this...

                It kinda reminded me of the "I Do This For My Country" joke...

                Have a nice day y'all...

                Jenn

              • zmr88@aol.com
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 3, 2008
                  Hey G,

                  I thought it was funny, and found nothing objectionable.

                  Keep 'em coming!  Folks up here make fun of us, I don't take
                  it personally.  I just tell them that by moving up here, I've
                  raised the value of their property.

                  Peace,

                  (the other) Mark

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 5, 2008
                    The key to longevity is to find a little humor in each day. Thanks for the funny!
                    I thought when I came here a few years back I would be one of the few from California.
                    Whoa! Was I ever wrong. Half of everyone I've met is from California and a lot came from out of the Bay Area. We really needed this breath of fresh air.
                    thanks

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 8, 2008
                      If I owned a home in Santa Cruz, would hold onto it if I could. However,
                      was wondering why you also have a home in Meridian as Santa Cruz
                      is a cool place to live despite the congestion.

                      As I mentioned before, was a Santa Cruz resident for 7 years before
                      moving to the Bay Area thanks to a job offer from General Motors in
                      Fremont. That was before they were resurrected as NUMMI.

                      -=Grumbler

                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 8, 2008
                        Grumbler..Retired from the Fire Dept, Daughter and Family live in Kuna, I go back and forth every two months..except in dead of winter..Duh!....Bought a house in Meridian several years ago, good investment and have made some good friends here.....If your ever in SC shoot me an E mail..I'll buy you a beer at the Crow's Nest..I live up the street.  Congestion? I find more traffic problems here than I do in SC, but being a true Santa Cruzan I ride my Bicycle here alot more than I do my vehicle..Take care..Johnny

                        Johnnybitchin

                        Message 11 of 11 , Jul 8, 2008
                          We'd definately want to be within a reasonable distance of our daughters
                          when they live elsewhere. That's cool, investing in another home that's by
                          your daughter and her family.

                          Might be quite awhile before I'm in SC ... last time around was two years
                          ago this coming August. Been to Crow's Nest a few times. Nice area to
                          live.

                          Congestion in Meridian certainly can be severe. Not a problem out here
                          in Southeast Boise. Santa Cruz has the 1/17 gridlock as well as all the
                          tourist traffic and locals driving through town. Just got a Beach Cruiser
                          bicycle ... man, my legs are out of shape!

                          -=Grumbler