Re: ASA Welcomes California Aside as a New Affiliate Group

  • Katey
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 1, 2008
      Carful ladies, I know you're excited to join us, and we are excited to
      have you, but your jumping up and down in a happy dance seems to have
      tipped the rictor scale. We don't want you to slip off the edge of the
      continant.

      Katey
    • Lillian Chaudhary
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 1, 2008
        -Oh that explains the 5 + quake in So. Cal.

        Yes we are very happy about Ca. _Aside and hope to grow with new
        members.

        we have great weather here most of the time and it allows riding into
        the Fall and Winter.
        If we do not have too many more Rock n Roll quakes it will go great.
        We have up to 200 quakes a day up and down the San Andreas fault but
        most are very small. One that is a 5 is not that common.
        But it is art of living in the great state of California.
        Looking forward to lots of fun aside.
        Love Lillian

        -- In CA_Aside@yahoogroups.com, "Katey" <katey@...> wrote:

        > Carful ladies, I know you're excited to join us, and we are excited
        > have you, but your jumping up and down in a happy dance seems to have
        > tipped the rictor scale. We don't want you to slip off the edge of
        the
        > continant.
        >
        > Katey

      • Katey
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 2, 2008
          The best job I have ever had was working in the home barn of a racing
          syndicate. We shipped and received horses from all the racing states.
          The ones that came in from CA were always the most upset when they
          arrived and would be nervous for about 7 to 10 days. They seem unhappy
          with the ground. We always figured it was becuase the earth stood
          still and they weren't used to it.

          Katey
        • Lillian Chaudhary
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 2, 2008
            You have something there Katey....
            I have ha a few shakers here but nothng that realy did anything other
            than roll through like a train engine.
            The strongest one I wa ever in was in 1963 when I still livexd in
            Portland Oregon. Actually it was the big one hathit Anchorage Alaska.
            It shook our house in Portland pretty good.
            I never felt the one during the World Series, The Loma Prieta quake.
            I guess one just gets used to it and roll with it.
            Like getting your Sea Legs on a ship. Sort of.
            KR's Lillian

            --- In CA_Aside@yahoogroups.com, "Katey" <katey@...> wrote:

            > The best job I have ever had was working in the home barn of a racing
            > syndicate. We shipped and received horses from all the racing
            states.
            > The ones that came in from CA were always the most upset when they
            > arrived and would be nervous for about 7 to 10 days. They seem
            unhappy
            > with the ground. We always figured it was becuase the earth stood
            > still and they weren't used to it.
            >
            > Katey

          • Judi Houghtaling
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 3, 2008
              than roll through like a train engine. <<<<<<

              That's about the kind of quakes we get out here, when we get any.  I'm not sure I'd want to have to get use to them all the time though. Even though when they do happen, it sure does make some big news. But not as big as a snowflake...LOL

              Semper Obliquo,
              Judi
              http://www.americanladyaside.com/
              Proud Supporter Of The
              American Sidesaddle Assoc.

              CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message (including all
              attachments) is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may
              contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized
              review, use, disclosure, copying or distribution is strictly
              sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message