Update

  • Armando Velazquez
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 3, 2007
      Hi everyone!

      I wanted to send an update to everyone with the latest!

      1) First Club Meeting- Our first Club meeting as a club will be October 21 at 8:00pm. It is a conference call. Here are the details:
      Date: Sunday October 21
      Time: 8:00pm (please call in at around 7:55pm)
      Call Number: 1-712-432-2600
      Access Code: 966957

      2) Charter Banquet - As many of you know (Through Facebook and MySpace) our charter banquet is set for November 17! Here is the 411:

      Date: Saturday November 17, 2007
      Time: 6:00pm registration, 7:00pm Call to order
      Location: Bellflower Kiwanis Hall (9302 Laurel Ave., Bellflower, CA 90706)
      Cost: $10 if you RSVP by November 14, $12 after November 14
      RSVP: To me (mondo80@...). You must contact me to officially RSVP. Facebook and MySpace does not do so
      Dress: Business Casual

      * We are also having a Toy Drive! Since it is close to the Holiday season we thought collecting toys for kids would be cool. Any new unwrapped toy would be appreciated!
      * You can also invite family and friends (Maybe you have someone you want to introduce CAYP Kiwanis to).

      3) Board of Directors - Each elected director has been assigned a focus. It is as followed:

      Service Directors: Reina Ligeralde and Lily Yip
      Fundraising Director - Rashmi Umdekar
      Socials/Networking - Jhofelle Estrada
      Membership Development and Recruitment - Ryan Billings
      Kiwanis Family and Conferences - Micha Suarez

      Some (maybe all) of the directors will be forming committees. If you are interested in helping out let me know (an e-mail directory will be sent out soon).

      That's all for now.

      Mondo

      Armando "Mondo" Velazquez
      2007-08 President, CAYP Kiwanis
    • Armando Velazquez
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 13, 2008
        Hi everyone,

        I just wanted to send an update during our "off" week.

        1) 1st Happy Hour Meeting - In case you haven't heard we will be having our first Happy Hour meeting one week from this Wednesday (January 23). It will be held at the ESPN Zone in Downtown Disney. We will be meeting at 8:00pm. This meeting is open to everyone! Feel free to invite any of your friends and family (who are over 21 of course). Please let me know if you plan on attending (if you haven't so already) and if you will br bringing guests.

        2) Kiwanis Mid Year Conference - The Kiwanis Mid Year Conference is a 1 day conference for Kiwanis Clubs to attend and learn more about the organization and programs it offers. There will be workshops and exhibits. The cost for registartion is $35 (It's an all day event), but we are working on cuting the costs. Also instead of eating the meals there (pretty pricey) we thought we could just eat somewhere near the conference. The South Conference (Riverside) will be on March 1. The North Conference (San Jose) will be on March 8. Let me know if you are interested in attending any of these events.

        Mid-Year Conference South link: http://www.cnhkiwanis.org/Kiwanis-Conventions-Conferences-South.html

        Mid-Year Conference North link: http://www.cnhkiwanis.org/Kiwanis-Conventions-Conferences-North.html

        For the South conference Reina has offered her pad if you need housing (she lives in Riverside).

        3) Next meeting- Our next conference call meeting will be next Sunday at 8:00pm. Call in information is the same as before:

        Dial-in Number:1-712-432-2600 (Midwest)
        Access Code:966957

        Let me know if you have any questions!

        Mondo