Update

  • Armando Velazquez
    Message 1 of 6 , May 30 11:03 PM
      Hi everyone!

      It's been a while! I wanted to send an update to everyone on the latest.

      1) Membership- We just received our 26th confirmed member (Paid or making payments)! Only 4 more to go!!! Spread the word to your friends! Let's go beyond 30!!!

      2) Recruitment- I have recently contacted CKI seniors asking them to join once they become eligible on October 1. This is more of looking out for the future of the club

      3) I added member pictures (for those I could find) on the website. If you don't like your picture then get me a better one (haha) :) http://www.caypkiwanis.org

      4) We have a LA Dodger social on July 22. The Dodgers will be playing the New York Mets. Game starts at 1:10pm and the cost is $12 to attend. You must RSVP by June 10 (sooner the better) to me ( mondo80@...)

      I know it was a quick e-mail, but I wanted to make sure everyone was updated with the latest. You'll be hearing more about charter paper work as we near our member goal.

      Mondo
    • Armando Velazquez
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 5, 2007
        Hi everyone,

        Another update before this Sunday's meeting.

        1) Attendance at the conference call meeting- It is very important that I know who will be in attendance. We need to have at least 50% plus 1 of the membership in attendance to get chartered. That's roughly about 16 people. Please make every effort to make it.

        Once again here is the Conference Call information:

        What: Organizational Conference Call meeting
        When: Sunday September 9, 2007
        Where: Conference Call
        Dial: 1-712-432-2600 (Use your free weekend minutes!))
        Access Code: 17146
        Time: 8:00pm (Please call in early! Lines will be open at 7:45pm!)

        Remember if you cannot make the conference call meeting (really really can't make it) you can submit votes for bylaws by this Friday. Voting items are once again attached.

        Here is the latest status on nominations accepted for office:

        President:
        Armando Velazquez

        Vice President or Vice President/President-Elect:
        Scott Smith
        1 nomination pending

        Secretary:
        Hebron Viray

        Treasurer:
        Stephanie Hsu

        Directors:
        Lily Yip
        Micha Suarez
        Reina Ligeralde
        Jhofelle Estrada
        David Schein (Interim status until October 1)
        2 nominations pending
      • Armando Velazquez
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 3, 2007
          Hi everyone!

          I wanted to send an update to everyone with the latest!

          1) First Club Meeting- Our first Club meeting as a club will be October 21 at 8:00pm. It is a conference call. Here are the details:
          Date: Sunday October 21
          Time: 8:00pm (please call in at around 7:55pm)
          Call Number: 1-712-432-2600
          Access Code: 966957

          2) Charter Banquet - As many of you know (Through Facebook and MySpace) our charter banquet is set for November 17! Here is the 411:

          Date: Saturday November 17, 2007
          Time: 6:00pm registration, 7:00pm Call to order
          Location: Bellflower Kiwanis Hall (9302 Laurel Ave., Bellflower, CA 90706)
          Cost: $10 if you RSVP by November 14, $12 after November 14
          RSVP: To me (mondo80@...). You must contact me to officially RSVP. Facebook and MySpace does not do so
          Dress: Business Casual

          * We are also having a Toy Drive! Since it is close to the Holiday season we thought collecting toys for kids would be cool. Any new unwrapped toy would be appreciated!
          * You can also invite family and friends (Maybe you have someone you want to introduce CAYP Kiwanis to).

          3) Board of Directors - Each elected director has been assigned a focus. It is as followed:

          Service Directors: Reina Ligeralde and Lily Yip
          Fundraising Director - Rashmi Umdekar
          Socials/Networking - Jhofelle Estrada
          Membership Development and Recruitment - Ryan Billings
          Kiwanis Family and Conferences - Micha Suarez

          Some (maybe all) of the directors will be forming committees. If you are interested in helping out let me know (an e-mail directory will be sent out soon).

          That's all for now.

          Mondo

          Armando "Mondo" Velazquez
          2007-08 President, CAYP Kiwanis
        • Armando Velazquez
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 13, 2008
            Hi everyone,

            I just wanted to send an update during our "off" week.

            1) 1st Happy Hour Meeting - In case you haven't heard we will be having our first Happy Hour meeting one week from this Wednesday (January 23). It will be held at the ESPN Zone in Downtown Disney. We will be meeting at 8:00pm. This meeting is open to everyone! Feel free to invite any of your friends and family (who are over 21 of course). Please let me know if you plan on attending (if you haven't so already) and if you will br bringing guests.

            2) Kiwanis Mid Year Conference - The Kiwanis Mid Year Conference is a 1 day conference for Kiwanis Clubs to attend and learn more about the organization and programs it offers. There will be workshops and exhibits. The cost for registartion is $35 (It's an all day event), but we are working on cuting the costs. Also instead of eating the meals there (pretty pricey) we thought we could just eat somewhere near the conference. The South Conference (Riverside) will be on March 1. The North Conference (San Jose) will be on March 8. Let me know if you are interested in attending any of these events.

            Mid-Year Conference South link: http://www.cnhkiwanis.org/Kiwanis-Conventions-Conferences-South.html

            Mid-Year Conference North link: http://www.cnhkiwanis.org/Kiwanis-Conventions-Conferences-North.html

            For the South conference Reina has offered her pad if you need housing (she lives in Riverside).

            3) Next meeting- Our next conference call meeting will be next Sunday at 8:00pm. Call in information is the same as before:

            Dial-in Number:1-712-432-2600 (Midwest)
            Access Code:966957

            Let me know if you have any questions!

            Mondo