249Upcoming Events

  • Peter Yu
    Jun 9, 2009
    Good evening everyone,

    Here's another update on the events coming up for CAYP!  I'd like to high light the Special Olympics this coming weekend at Cal State Long Beach.  Many of us will be attending the event most of the day and it's guaranteed to be a good time.  Attached is a flier with more information or feel free to contact me for more info for any of the events :)

    What:  Service Committee Meeting
    When:  Thursday 6/11/2009
    Where:  Online via Gchat!  (contact me if you need a gchat account)

    What:  Special Olympics
    When:  Saturday 6/13: 9am-1pm, 11am-3pm, 2pm-6pm
    Sunday 6/14: 6:30am-10:30am, 10am-2pm, 1pm-5pm
    Where:  Cal State Long Beach
    Description:  Help the Kiwanis Club of Los Angeles man their craft books at the Special Olympics games of Southern California 2009! You'll work with athletes and families to create various crafts of their choice so they can take home and remember their special day by. Email Zully at service@... or sign up online here. Please be sure to indicate what day and time you are able to attend!

    What:  LA Watts Summer Games
    When:  Saturday 6/20: 8am-5pm
    Where:  Various Locations in LA
    Description:  The 42nd Annual L.A. Watts Summer Games encourages young people to engage in positive intaraction through sports. High School students across all ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds come together to participate in a variety of sports. Volunteers will help in every sport to serve as time keepers, score keepers, t-shirt or product distribution or even help site coordinators with simple logistics. Email Zully at service@... or sign up online here. Please be sure to indicate what time you are able to attend!

    What:  CrimeSurvivors Celebrity MiniGolf Tournament
    When:  Sunday 7/26 @ 8am-5pm (choose your hours)
    Where:  Boomers in Irvine (3405 Michelson Dr, Irvine, CA)
    Description:  Volunteer at this annual Celebrity Miniature Golf Tournament for CrimeSurvivors! The event is free for volunteers--food and fun will be provided!! Choose your hours, you don't have to be there the entire day. We did this event last year and had a good time.  Please sign up by June 19th by emailing Zully at service@... or add your name to the list here:http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=rqOxUdatzKzjxkI56M7OQLg. Learn more about Crime Survivors:  http://www.crimesurvivors.com/index.asp.

    In the name of Service, Leadership, and Fellowship,
    ~Peter
  • Show all 2 messages in this topic