246Upcoming events

  • Peter Yu
    May 19 7:54 PM
      Good evening everyone,

      Here's a list of the upcoming events!  Contact me if you have any questions :)

      What:  Happy Hour Meeting
      Where:  BJ's in Cerritos 11101 183rd St., Cerritos, CA
      When:  Wednesday May 19th, 7:30pm-9:00pm

      What:  Dodger Game Fundraiser
      Where:  Dodger Stadium
      When:  June 5th, 7:00pm
      Description:  This is the first of several upcoming Kiwanis Dodger night games! Our first one will be against the Philadelphia Phillies (payack time!)! That night is also fireworks night (80's theme). We welcome all members, family and guests!

      $23 before 5/22, then $28 afterwardsThis is a fundraiser and will be used to help CAYP Kiwanis sponsored programs such as the LACES KIWIN'S and service projects.
      2 ways to buy tickets. Mail a check (Made out to Kiwanis) to:Armando Velazquez 3365 Independence Ave. South Gate, CA 90280Or you can pay by Paypal to mondo@... (don't forget the "i" between mobile and mail). Please add $2 with every ticket purchased through paypal.You can also download the flyer here: http://caypkiwanis.org/main/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/dodgernightflyer02.pdfContact Armando treasurer@... with any questions.

      What:  Special Olympics - Kiwanis Craft Booth
      Where:  Cal State Long Beach (directions and parking to follow)
      When:  Saturday, June 13 & Sunday, June 14
      Shifts:  Sat 6/13:  9am-1pm, 11am-3pm, 2pm-6pm
                  Sun 6/14: 6:30am-10:30am, 10am-2pm, 1pm-5pm
      Description:  Help the Kiwanis Club of Los Angeles man their craft books at the Special Olimpics games of Southern California 2009!  You'll work with athletes and families to create various crafts of their choice so they can take home and remember their special day by.  Email Zully atservice@... or sign up online here: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=rRgkUUVgzo7y4KsiY3vf70A.  Please be sure to indicate what day and time you are able to attend!

      What:  L.A. Watts Summer Games
      Where:  Various locations LA county (more info to follow)
      When:  Saturday, June 20 @ 8am-5pm (shifts TBD)
      Description:  The 42nd Annual L.A. Watts Summer Games encourages young people to engage in positive intaraction through sports.  High School students across all ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds come together to participate in a variety of sports.  Volunteers will help in every sport to serve as time keepers, score keepers, t-shirt or product distribution or even help site coordinators with simple logistics.  Email Zully at service@... or sign up online here: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=r2iU86SuPjxZZhpHn2hHeUA.  Please be sure to indicate what time you are able to attend!

      Thanks,
      ~Peter
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic