245Playa del Rey K-Kids Banquet!

  • Grace Chi
    May 15, 2009
      Evening CAYP,

      The Culver City Kiwanis club has invited us to attend the end-of-year banquet and membership certificate presentation for the Playa del Rey K-Kids, the elementary school branch of the Kiwanis Family. If you are free, please come out and show our support for the accomplishments these kids achieved this year. The K-Kids have done tremendously for their community, with service projects including: making Valentine's Day cards for a local women's shelter; decorating cookies for a local homeless shelter/kitchen; creating alphabet learning books for a local children's hospital, where many of the children do not speak English; and stuffing of 2,500 Easter eggs for the 2009 community Easter Egg Hunt.

      The banquet is also an eat for service event where 15% of the day's receipts will go towards Playa del Rey Elementary to support their many needs, particularly in light of the education budget cuts.

      Here's the cliffnotes version of event details:

      When: Thursday, May 21st @ 6PM-7PM
      Where: Chuck E. Cheese, 6901 La Tijera Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90045
      What: Playa del Rey K-Kids' End-of-Year Banquet
      Please let me know if you're attending or if you have any questions.

      See you there!

      --
      In the magic of service,

      Grace Chi
      Director of Kiwanis Family Relations
      California Young Professionals Kiwanis Club
      [Email] kiwanisfamily@... | gracexchi@...
      [Cell] (626) 215-8037
      [AIM]: aZnGeMiNiAnGeLG