Re: [!! SPAM] [CAMM-3] Software ?

  • Jeffrey Everett
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 28, 2007
      VisualMill and Protowizard can both write toolpaths for 3rd and 4th axis for the MDX-40.
      To actually run the machine a program included with the mill called DROPOUT.EXE must be used. It is actually a printer driver that writes programs to the MDX-40 buffer. One outputs the toolpaths using the MDX-40 POST from either program (prn extension) and that is then manually loaded into DROPOUT.EXE via the DROPOUT.EXE  dialogue box. Right, the MDX-40 behaves as a printer working in 3 dimensions... hey, it works... :)

      Jeffrey Everett