Re: [!! SPAM] [CAMM-3] Software ?

  • Dave Mucha
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 28, 2007
      op's

      I should have looked at the poll with more focus.

      I think it is a two part question.

      create drawings ? Corel, Cadd, whatever....

      run the machine.... that is a second part of the question. Should be
      a seperate poll question.

      Dave

      --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Mucha" <dave_mucha@...> wrote:

      > Maybe I'm missing something ??
      >
      > you lay out the parts in a CAD, but what do you use to run the machine ?
      >
      > I take it VisualMill and ProtoWizard can run the mill as a 3 axis CNC
      > machine ?
      >

      > Dave
      >

      > --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey Everett" <jeverett@> wrote:
      > >
      > > The poll does not include enough softwares!
      > > I use Rhino for CAD, and both VisualMill and Protowizard for CAM.
      > Some day I'll try the software included witht he MDX-40...
      > > Jeffrey Everett

    • Jeffrey Everett
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 28, 2007
        VisualMill and Protowizard can both write toolpaths for 3rd and 4th axis for the MDX-40.
        To actually run the machine a program included with the mill called DROPOUT.EXE must be used. It is actually a printer driver that writes programs to the MDX-40 buffer. One outputs the toolpaths using the MDX-40 POST from either program (prn extension) and that is then manually loaded into DROPOUT.EXE via the DROPOUT.EXE  dialogue box. Right, the MDX-40 behaves as a printer working in 3 dimensions... hey, it works... :)

        Jeffrey Everett