Re: Motor Drivers for the PNC-3000? Where to get just 1 piece?

  • Randall
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 12, 2007

      > Has anyone here had motor driver problems and found a source of the
      > Sanken SI-7300A before?

      After considerable searching I found a parts broker source for the now
      obsolete SI-7300A motor driver modules (used in the PNC-3000). I
      purchased 15 units so if anyone in the group develops problems with
      their PNC-3000 motor drivers, you can rest easier knowing that they
      are still available - just drop me a line.

      FYI

      Randall
    • Dave Mucha
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 12, 2007
        post a picture in the photos section, a folder in the files section
        and a link in the links section.

        Dave

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 13, 2007
          --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups.com, "Randall" <rlogan@...> wrote:

          > > Has anyone here had motor driver problems and found a source of the
          > > Sanken SI-7300A before?
          >

          > After considerable searching I found a parts broker source for the now
          > obsolete SI-7300A motor driver modules (used in the PNC-3000). I
          > purchased 15 units so if anyone in the group develops problems with
          > their PNC-3000 motor drivers, you can rest easier knowing that they
          > are still available - just drop me a line.
          >
          > FYI
          >
          > Randall

          My motor isn't broken, but I thought it might be worth possibly keeping a spare in stock
          depending on the price. I've got the PNC-3000 so it should be a straight swap right?

          How much would one cost in £'s posted to the UK?
          I assume PayPal would be OK.

          BTW: Does anyone have or know where I can buy some spare drive belts? The one I've got
          is worn, and I can't for the life of my find a spare. This I DO need to buy, as it often slips
          alot under load. I know I can pull the motor back to tighten it up, but that's not the point!

          Prices for those anyone?

          I know there are 2 belts, 0-8000RPM and 0-15,000 RPM or something. I've only got the
          8000 RPM, but I'd be happy to buy a few of each.

          Thanks,

          Dan :-)
        • Randall
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 13, 2007
            --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups.com, "david876474" <danielbriggs@...> wrote:

            > My motor isn't broken, but I thought it might be worth possibly
            keeping a spare in stock
            > depending on the price. I've got the PNC-3000 so it should be a
            straight swap right?

            > How much would one cost in £'s posted to the UK?
            > I assume PayPal would be OK.
            >

            > BTW: Does anyone have or know where I can buy some spare drive
            belts? The one I've got
            > is worn, and I can't for the life of my find a spare. This I DO need
            to buy, as it often slips
            > alot under load. I know I can pull the motor back to tighten it up,
            but that's not the point!

            > Prices for those anyone?
            >
            > I know there are 2 belts, 0-8000RPM and 0-15,000 RPM or something.
            I've only got the
            > 8000 RPM, but I'd be happy to buy a few of each.
            >
            > Thanks,
            >

            > Dan :-)

            Hello Dan,

            I've posted a picture of the Sanken SI-7300A motor driver module in
            the Photo's section of this group. It's just the driver, the motor
            itself is not included. Drivers tend to blow now and then, especially
            if the motor cabling goes open circuit while the power is on.

            The problem with buying these parts now is that, because they're
            obsolete, you can only get them from electronic parts brokers. These
            brokers usually have a minimum order of ~$200 to $300 but I found 15
            pieces in Hong Kong and bought all 15.

            If anyone is interested in just 1, 2 or more, I would like to get
            USD$15 each plus actual shipping cost to your area. I'll check on UK
            shipping costs for you Dan if you are still interested. Paypal would
            work well.

            Regarding belts, I would like to have an extra set on hand as well.
            You could try Brian at CAMMTech (Roland's PNC-3000 service center in
            North America) his contact info is in the Links section of this group.
            Please let me know if you do find a source!

            Thanks

            Randall
          • Dave Mucha
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 13, 2007

              > BTW: Does anyone have or know where I can buy some spare drive
              belts? The one I've got
              > is worn, and I can't for the life of my find a spare. This I DO need
              to buy, as it often slips
              > alot under load. I know I can pull the motor back to tighten it up,
              but that's not the point!

              > Prices for those anyone?
              >
              > I know there are 2 belts, 0-8000RPM and 0-15,000 RPM or something.
              I've only got the
              > 8000 RPM, but I'd be happy to buy a few of each.
              >
              > Thanks,
              >

              > Dan :-)

              Hi Dan,

              There is only one belt. you need to switch it manually to change the
              speed range.

              The speed controller sets the motor speed electronically.

              If you have a choice, use the lower speed belt (smaller at the motor,
              larger in front) and set the speed up higher.

              The faster the motor spins, the more power it delivers. the greater
              the belt ratio between the motor and the spindle (more motor
              revolutions per spindle revolution) means more power delivered to the
              cutting tool.

              Check http://www.sdp-si.com/ as well as McMaster Carr for possible
              belts. if nothing else, you might find the part number so you can use
              that to find one closer to home.

              Dave
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 13, 2007
                Is that all it is!?!? A tiny chip!

                If it's only £8 ($15) I might as well buy one and keep it stocked up. I will probably never use
                it, but getting anything to do with a PNC-3000 is like gold dust!

                I'm in no rush for it, so whenever you have time to calc. postage, let me know, and I should
                be able to buy one off you.

                I'll work on the belts via the links you supplied over the next few days.

                Thanks,

                Dan :-)
              • Dave Mucha
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 13, 2007
                  I just measured the thickness of my belt and it appears to be either
                  4.5mmm or 0.195" allowing for wear, it might have started a bit wider.

                  dave