Re: Camm3 still down [ Spindle motor not running] !!***???

  • cadcamcreations
    Message 1 of 24 , Apr 10 8:23 AM
      Hi Andrew its me again! I have replaced Transistor TR1 and capacitor C4 and checked the voltages,TR1 is at 35-40V and the 12 Volt supply is a bit more than 12Volt on pin 4 and is steady. But I have since discovered that if I power up the main board with all the plugs out I am getting the correct voltage but once in I get the 12V supply dropping to 2V and it doesn't seem to be the Motor contoller board that is causing the problem as if I unplug that its still showing 2V?
      I have a replacement IC1 IR3M02 but I wanted to check your thoughts before I tackle unsoldering 16 points at the same time!

      Kind Regards
      Graham.

      --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups.com, andrewloen <andrewloen@...> wrote:

      > Graham,
      >
      > The problem is somewhere in the power supply circuit on the bottom of the Main Board.  It is likely the transistor TR1, or diode D1, or the IR3M02 IC1.
      >
      > I can run through some further measurements if you like, but they are getting more involved.  The voltage on pin12 of IC1 and the voltage on the left of R74 (big resistor) would be next.
      >
      > Andrew

    • clwphstd
      Message 2 of 24 , Apr 11 9:06 AM
        Sounds like you may have a bad connection somewhere.

      • G French
        Message 3 of 24 , Apr 11 9:48 AM
          Hi, Yes maybe but where? It looks fine and Ive checked all over!

          Regards

          Graham.

          cadcamcreations@... writes:

          Hi Andrew its me again! I have replaced Transistor TR1 and capacitor C4
          and checked the voltages,TR1 is at 35-40V and the 12 Volt supply is a
          bit more than 12Volt on pin 4 and is steady. But I have since
          discovered that if I power up the main board with all the plugs out I
          am getting the correct voltage but once in I get the 12V supply
          dropping to 2V and it doesn't seem to be the Motor contoller board
          that is causing the problem as if I unplug that its still showing 2V?
          I have a replacement IC1 IR3M02 but I wanted to check your thoughts
          before I tackle unsoldering 16 points at the same time!

          Kind Regards
          Graham.

          --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups.com, andrewloen <andrewloen@...> wrote:

          > Graham,
          >
          > The problem is somewhere in the power supply circuit on the bottom
          of the Main Board.  It is likely the transistor TR1, or diode D1, or
          the IR3M02 IC1.

          > I can run through some further measurements if you like, but they
          are getting more involved.  The voltage on pin12 of IC1 and the
          voltage on the left of R74 (big resistor) would be next.

          > Andrew

        • clwphstd
          Message 4 of 24 , Apr 12 8:43 AM
            Hi Graham.  Well, everywhere.  There are a couple of things you can do... The "cave-man approach": Start "GENTALY" tugging on all the wires and see if anything pops off.  Make sure that any slip-on type connectors are OK.  Go back through all the areas that Andrew talked about and try turning on the spindle at each point and look for a drop in the voltage... Main point: Circuts can check out fine when "NOT" under a load.  You did check the switch to the spindle?  Maybe look at the connector for the control panel... Be sure there is no oil or dirt present... Use contact cleaner.

            Good Luck,
            Chris.

            cadcamcreations@... writes:

            Hi Andrew its me again! I have replaced Transistor TR1 and capacitor C4
            and checked the voltages,TR1 is at 35-40V and the 12 Volt supply is a
            bit more than 12Volt on pin 4 and is steady. But I have since
            discovered that if I power up the main board with all the plugs out I
            am getting the correct voltage but once in I get the 12V supply
            dropping to 2V and it doesn't seem to be the Motor contoller board
            that is causing the problem as if I unplug that its still showing 2V?
            I have a replacement IC1 IR3M02 but I wanted to check your thoughts
            before I tackle unsoldering 16 points at the same time!

            Kind Regards
            Graham.

            --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups.com, andrewloen <andrewloen@...> wrote:

            > Graham,
            >
            > The problem is somewhere in the power supply circuit on the bottom
            of the Main Board.  It is likely the transistor TR1, or diode D1, or
            the IR3M02 IC1.

            > I can run through some further measurements if you like, but they
            are getting more involved.  The voltage on pin12 of IC1 and the
            voltage on the left of R74 (big resistor) would be next.

            > Andrew

          • tecfacet
            Message 5 of 24 , Apr 12 9:02 AM
              Have you substituted the motor with a 100w light bulb?

              Roger