Re: [CAMM-3] No movement or display

  • Randall Logan
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 28, 2013
      Sounds like one, or all, of the power supplies went out.  Almost all of the electrical problems I have had with the CAMM3 have been mechanical in nature - by that I mean, a connector worked its way loose, or soldering joint came loose, etc.   First thing is to check interconnecting cable connections.

      The schematic diagram of the CAMM3 power supply [that I have]  states "PROTOTYPE ONLY" , so it may not be 100% accurate for the production models.  I haven't worked on  a power supply board yet but it should put out +5V,  +12V, and 35V  (according to the dubious schematic).  If you have a meter, you should be able to quickly check that these voltages are present (and accurate).  If they are not, it's probably a power supply issue.  But if the voltages check out okay, then try to trace out the power supply wire runs and ensure that the connectors are  securely in place and show no signs of heating or discoloration.

      Might want to check that your system is properly lubricated as well.  When it is not, the motors work harder and draw more power than they should which may result in something in the power supply overheating (and letting out smoke!  Remember, electronic components run on smoke and if you let the smoke out, they will not work anymore!).

      Hope this helps kick off a quick fix.  Wouldn't want you to spend your whole long weekend on this!