Using PD ( Personal Designer ) with the Camm3

  • mwk6411
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 8, 2012
      I have not seen it mentioned but I thought I would ask. I have a PNC-3000 that we used to use with Personal Designer/ Personal Machinist. It was very impressive software (15 years ago ) as full 3D modles with Nurb surfaces and automatic toolpath generation and a post processor for the camm3 etc etc.

      Today I no longer have the codes for machinist but you can download PD as 4D Graphics for free from the web. It works very well in "DOSBox". I have started messing with a program to produce full 3d by selecting entities in the model.

      I was wondering if there was something out there that would do spiral cuts, cones, filets with ease already or if pursuing this is still a good idea. It still need some work but I have written many extensions in the past and can update the toolpath.upl program.

      Since the entities are already in 3d pick the and produce "Z" Codes that make the PNC work in full 3 axis mode.

      http://www.4dgraphics.net/4dpage03.HTM