Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: New user of Camm 3

Expand Messages
  • fi85_uk
    Hi just wondering what you had to set the dip switches to to get it to work? Thanks, Fiona
    Message 1 of 22 , Aug 20, 2012
    • 0 Attachment
      Hi just wondering what you had to set the dip switches to to get it to work? Thanks,

      Fiona

      --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups.com, "bobtracey" <bobtracey@...> wrote:
      >
      > Hi
      >
      > I mannaged to get the machine running today and even did some engraving on MDF. The problem was the dip switch settings.
      >
      > One issue I did have problems with was the orientation. It seems there is potentialy 3 places where orientation can be set.
      >
      > I was using Techsoft 2D and all was well as ling as I was using the default setting of 180x150 and I was assuming x=180 and y=150.
      >
      > When I changed to a piece of mdf 110x75 it seemed to get its knickers in a twist. I will be playing with it tomorrow and should get my head round it.
      >
      > You mentioned in an earlier post that you could offer help with using ProDesktop. I tried that today with no luck.
      >
      > Are you able to output straight from ProD or do you have to use something else?
      >
      > I would like to make some moulds to use when Vac Forming.
      >
      > Finally do you have a good supplier of engraving bits?
      >
      > Regards
      >
      > Robert
      >
      > --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups.com, "david876474" <danielbriggs@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Robert,
      > > Just a basic question: Are you sure the PNC-3000 has been taken off manual control.
      > > I forgot to mention, before pressing output on Techsoft, make sure you press the manual button on the controller, so the LED is OFF. Then try outputting again from Techsoft.
      > >
      > > Keep me posted,
      > > Cheers,
      > > Dan
      > >
      > > --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups.com, "bobtracey" <bobtracey@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > An update
      > > >
      > > > I have installed the driver and set the CAMM3 PNC-3000 as the default printer.
      > > >
      > > > Opened 2D Design and set the plotting device in the setup to CAM3 PNC300.
      > > >
      > > > Drew small rectangle in bottom left corner and print.
      > > >
      > > > Nothing happens???
      > > >
      > > > I notice Error display on the pannel lights show an orange light under the number 2. According to the manual this means a command error.
      > > >
      > > > Is there any function similar to a Test Print that putes the machine through a routine. I have not even seen the spindle spinning yet.
      > > >
      > > > Robert
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > > --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups.com, "bobtracey" <bobtracey@> wrote:
      > > > >
      > > > > Hi
      > > > >
      > > > > I have just found one of these machines in a cupboard and would like to get it working. I have manager to scrounge a spare desktop pc running win xp sp2 and it has techsoft 2d design and pro desktop installed.
      > > > >
      > > > > I would like some advise on how to start with installing correct drivers, best way to connect and which software to use when engraving.
      > > > >
      > > > > I know it sounds a lot but I am a complete novice and would really appreciate help from members of the group who are more experienced.
      > > > >
      > > > > Thanks
      > > > >
      > > > > Robert
      > > > >
      > > >
      > >
      >
    • pejohnson@talk21.com
      Dips I have been running mine on with no probs where 0 = down or towards the front of the machine   SW-1 Mode 1=0 2=0 3=1 4=1 5=1 6=0 Font 7=1 8=1 9=1 10=1  
      Message 2 of 22 , Aug 20, 2012
      • 0 Attachment
        Dips I have been running mine on with no probs where 0 = down or towards the front of the machine
         
        SW-1
        Mode
        1=0
        2=0
        3=1
        4=1
        5=1
        6=0
        Font
        7=1
        8=1
        9=1
        10=1
         
        SW-2 all set to 1
         
        For use in techsoft I never bother changing the material size i just drop the drawing onto the CAMM3 layout.  I always mount the job level with the left most position of travel and level with the front of the bed.  I then position the drawing on the 'bed' within techsoft to fit onto the job.
         
        One thing that can catch people out is when you have mounted your job on the bed, set the zero with the sensor then sent the program from the PC to the camm 3 it throws up the error.  This can be because you are trying to get the Z travel to go lower than it is possible (maybe you have fitted a shorter cutter or thinner material)  The best way I have found to overcome this is I have 2 pieces of 18mm thick MDF to give a sacraficial bed 36mm thick.  i clamp them to the bed then usualy mount the material (modeling foam or acrylic)  with double sided tape.  If im doing MDF or Aluminium I mount with double sided tape and clamp it too.  do all the engraving, holes etc and then finally cut round the shape.  The tape is usually good enough to hold for this final process.
         
        Pro desktop requires a post processor, you export the file from ProD as a stereo lithograph file set to binary
         
        You then open that in the post processor, settng all the info in there to match you machining requirments.
        I use Deskproto for this.  Its not a bad program add quite cheep and you can download it for a free 30day trial. 
         
        Pete
         
         
        From: fi85_uk <fi85_uk@...>
        To: CAMM-3@yahoogroups.com
        Sent: Monday, 20 August 2012, 20:52
        Subject: [CAMM-3] Re: New user of Camm 3

         
        Hi just wondering what you had to set the dip switches to to get it to work? Thanks,

        Fiona

        --- In mailto:CAMM-3%40yahoogroups.com, "bobtracey" <bobtracey@...> wrote:
        >
        > Hi
        >
        > I mannaged to get the machine running today and even did some engraving on MDF. The problem was the dip switch settings.
        >
        > One issue I did have problems with was the orientation. It seems there is potentialy 3 places where orientation can be set.
        >
        > I was using Techsoft 2D and all was well as ling as I was using the default setting of 180x150 and I was assuming x=180 and y=150.
        >
        > When I changed to a piece of mdf 110x75 it seemed to get its knickers in a twist. I will be playing with it tomorrow and should get my head round it.
        >
        > You mentioned in an earlier post that you could offer help with using ProDesktop. I tried that today with no luck.
        >
        > Are you able to output straight from ProD or do you have to use something else?
        >
        > I would like to make some moulds to use when Vac Forming.
        >
        > Finally do you have a good supplier of engraving bits?
        >
        > Regards
        >
        > Robert
        >
        > --- In mailto:CAMM-3%40yahoogroups.com, "david876474" <danielbriggs@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Robert,
        > > Just a basic question: Are you sure the PNC-3000 has been taken off manual control.
        > > I forgot to mention, before pressing output on Techsoft, make sure you press the manual button on the controller, so the LED is OFF. Then try outputting again from Techsoft.
        > >
        > > Keep me posted,
        > > Cheers,
        > > Dan
        > >
        > > --- In mailto:CAMM-3%40yahoogroups.com, "bobtracey" <bobtracey@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > An update
        > > >
        > > > I have installed the driver and set the CAMM3 PNC-3000 as the default printer.
        > > >
        > > > Opened 2D Design and set the plotting device in the setup to CAM3 PNC300.
        > > >
        > > > Drew small rectangle in bottom left corner and print.
        > > >
        > > > Nothing happens???
        > > >
        > > > I notice Error display on the pannel lights show an orange light under the number 2. According to the manual this means a command error.
        > > >
        > > > Is there any function similar to a Test Print that putes the machine through a routine. I have not even seen the spindle spinning yet.
        > > >
        > > > Robert
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > > --- In mailto:CAMM-3%40yahoogroups.com, "bobtracey" <bobtracey@> wrote:
        > > > >
        > > > > Hi
        > > > >
        > > > > I have just found one of these machines in a cupboard and would like to get it working. I have manager to scrounge a spare desktop pc running win xp sp2 and it has techsoft 2d design and pro desktop installed.
        > > > >
        > > > > I would like some advise on how to start with installing correct drivers, best way to connect and which software to use when engraving.
        > > > >
        > > > > I know it sounds a lot but I am a complete novice and would really appreciate help from members of the group who are more experienced.
        > > > >
        > > > > Thanks
        > > > >
        > > > > Robert
        > > > >
        > > >
        > >
        >



      Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.