Re: [CAMM-3] CAMM-3 PNC-300 problems with code and communication

  • Tom Fitzgibbons
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 30, 2012
      Jason --

      Don't have experience with that problem specifically, but the only simple solution I have ever found is running the CAMM-3 with an older PC.

      My dad has an old CNC engraver (similiar vintage to CAMM-3) which also had the same type of problem you are experiencing trying to run through an emulator.  I can't explain the technical reasons, but I think it has to do with how ports are assigned (in software vs. hardware).
      I had a CAMM-3 PNC 3000 that I ran with a parallel port connection using Windows 98.  I upgraded it 2-3 years ago to Windows XP on a 'Net Top' PC still using the parallel port connection and running the Roland software.  The only special issue was setting the communication speed so it didn't overflow the buffer.

      Don't know if that helps, but it may be an option.

      Tom Fitzgibbons