Re: Butchering a CAMM-3

  • robinghewitt
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 2, 2011
      > What material? I would expect aluminum, but it almost looks like steel.

      Hi JW

      Extruded aluminium, probably HE30

      best

      Robin
    • robinghewitt
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 2, 2011

        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 12, 2011
          Same bar of aluminium, same drawing, half the size.

          This is the 0.5mm tool, ballpoint pen for scale, http://www.robinhewitt.net/halfmm.jpg

          This is the cut from above, 1 mm deep, 1.5 degree draft.
          http://www.robinhewitt.net/half2.jpg

          The 'S' is now just 2.25 mm high by 1.25 mm wide, line weight 0.25 mm, just under 0.01".

          I don't think I can go any smaller than this, time to try some larger tooling.

          More soon

          Robin