Replacement Spindle Motor

  • Steelwings
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 30, 2011
      My spindle motor is getting very, very tired. I've already replaced the bearings twice and the com-brushes a gozillion times (high use machine with many thousands of miles on it) and now I can hear the beginning of the end for the present set of motor bearings.  Has anyone on the list found a decent replacement plug & play brushless or other dependable a/c motor for this beast? (Or a brush-type that has easily obtainable brushes and parts?) I tried Panasonic, whose motor this is, and they tell me that they don't make it or replacement parts for it anymore. So no go on that route.  Anyway, I don't mind doing a little modification but I can't afford to have the machine down too long. Otherwise, I guess I'll be rebuilding the existing motor....again. Any suggestions will be GREATLY appreciated! -Sal

    • norust2001
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 28, 2012
        My spindle motor (Matsushita SSC-852 AL) is in need of a rebuild or replacement. The stator contacts are well worn as are both bearings. I've replaced the brushes five times already and it doesn't look like there will be a sixth without a complete rebuild. Before I go through the time and expense of rebuilding this outdated motor, has anyone found a reasonably priced replacement for it? Brush-less maybe? Either way, this motor doesn't exist anymore. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
        Sal