Re: VCarve Pro Software by Vectric

  • txmagnia
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2007
      --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups.com, "Randall" <rlogan@...> wrote:

      Thanks for the info on this program Jack. I downloaded the Demo and
      played around with sample files. I noted there are 2 ways to save a
      tool path for Roland machines:

      > 1) Roland mm (*.rol)
      > 2) Roland Modela mm (*.rol)
      >
      > Which postprocessor did you use?
      >
      > When you say it is able to "control your Roland mill direct" how was
      > this done? I don't have my mill setup on this machine otherwise I
      > would have tried it. Isn't there another step involved in there
      > somewehere?
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > Randall

      Randall,

      It's a little tricky the first time especially with the demo files.
      You may want to have Tony email you a test file that works great with
      the Roland's size table. Make sure you download the Roland CAMM3's
      driver from Roland's website. They have all the latest drivers
      available(from win98 to Vista) for the PNC-3000. You are basically
      installing a printer driver in windows. You will then see "Roland
      CAMM3 PNC-3000" listed under printers in the control panel of
      windows(XP in my case) after you install. You will even see the status
      of the Roland as Ready even when you Roland is turned off. Remember
      the Roland is just a plotter on steroids. Next set Z-Zero and Home on
      your Roland Mill. Take your mill off manual control after you do this.

      Roland mm is the tool path you want to use. It will NOT work with the
      Roland Modela mm tool path. Once you select the Roland mm as your post
      processor, the box"output Toolpath(s) to Device" should be now
      chooseable or lighted. You should see "Device: Roland CAMM3" listed.
      Click on the "Output to Device" box instead of saving it to a file and
      your mill will be making chips. Sometimes you can hit the Pause button
      if you have a error in sending the file. I have milled very large
      files with no problems. Hope this helps. Jack
    • Randall
      Message 2 of 4 , May 3, 2007
        --- In CAMM-3@yahoogroups.com, "txmagnia" <jdreid@...> wrote:

        > Randall,
        >
        > It's a little tricky the first time especially with the demo files.
        > You may want to have Tony email you a test file that works great with
        > the Roland's size table. Make sure you download the Roland CAMM3's
        > driver from Roland's website. They have all the latest drivers
        > available(from win98 to Vista) for the PNC-3000. You are basically
        > installing a printer driver in windows. You will then see "Roland
        > CAMM3 PNC-3000" listed under printers in the control panel of
        > windows(XP in my case) after you install. You will even see the status
        > of the Roland as Ready even when you Roland is turned off. Remember
        > the Roland is just a plotter on steroids. Next set Z-Zero and Home on
        > your Roland Mill. Take your mill off manual control after you do this.
        >
        > Roland mm is the tool path you want to use. It will NOT work with the
        > Roland Modela mm tool path. Once you select the Roland mm as your post
        > processor, the box"output Toolpath(s) to Device" should be now
        > chooseable or lighted. You should see "Device: Roland CAMM3" listed.
        > Click on the "Output to Device" box instead of saving it to a file and
        > your mill will be making chips. Sometimes you can hit the Pause button
        > if you have a error in sending the file. I have milled very large
        > files with no problems. Hope this helps. Jack

        Well wha'da ya know? Thanks Jack, All seems clear now!
        I'll test it out with my machine attached and report back.

        Have you used any other software with your CAMM3 machine? I would
        like post a list to this group of all the various software that has
        been used successfully with this machine with special emphasis on the
        software that supports the machine directly.

        Thanks again,

        Randall