Mach3 Interface

  • Bob Christie
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2011
      I just finished testing my machine with the interface board Andrew makes. WOW!!!! My CAMM-3 is like a new machine again. Kudo's to Andrew for making this a reality.
    • miahooch2000
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 3, 2011
        Andrew,
        Ive received my onterface board yesterday,
        very nice workmanship with wonderful instructions.
        Probably will take me a few weeks to find time to assemble and test it.
        Thank You
        Toni
      • Bob Christie
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 4, 2011
          Now that my CAMM-3 is under Mach3 control, I have decided to go ahead and do a 4th axis add on. I plan to just use a Nema 17 or 23 stepper, with a timing belt to a selfmade headstock or maybe a Sherline headstock.

          Single stepper driver and powersupply wired into the adapter box and then another motor to drive the headstock to use it as a lathe.
        • widgetman_in_oz
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 3, 2012
            Hi From down under.
            Hows the 4th axis design coming along. I am getting ready to convert to mach3 and was also wondering about 4th axis control. do you have any pictures. I am thinking of an arbor to hold 2 morse taper and a thread for myford chucks and collets etc.