New member - with lots of general questions.....

  • Randall
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 22, 2007
      Hello All,

      I'm new to the group - I excited to see a group dedicated to the
      PNC-3000 machines!

      I have had a CAMM3 PNC-3000 machine for about 8 years now but only
      recently have I started to use it; I bought it used. For the first
      couple years I wrote my own code (hpgl via quick basic) to do the odd
      modification to molded plastic parts. It wasn't until I bought a Picza
      3D scanner unit on ebay that I discovered the Roland software bundle
      for these machines (and I had even spoken to a few Roland
      representatives about the availability of support software and they
      just implied that I would need third party software with translators
      etc - very discouraging start indeed!!)

      8 years ago getting info for this machine was like pulling teeth!! I
      have so many questions for this group, maybe somebody can enlighten me
      to the general state of support for these machines?

      Does anyone have or know of service manuals for these machines?

      Does anyone know of a place that services these machines for
      reasonable rates?

      Are replacement parts truly available? From where?

      What other software is available for easy use with these machines?

      I have the PNC-3000 User manual and Command set manual - does everbody
      have access to these?

      So many questions........is there a FAQ for this group yet?

      Any good software that supports machine tool paths as well as simple
      drilling operations? DrEngrave, although not bad for simple toolpath
      operations, could sure use a drill function.

      My metric collets have been modified for 1/8" and 1/4" tooling, this
      has been very convenient. Are new/additional collets easy to obtain?

      I am very fond of my machine and want to keep it running well, and
      depend on it, for a few more years to come.

      I see there are 29 members in this group - do we all have, or use, one
      of these machines?

      Thanks,

      Randall