Re: [CAMM-3] Re: Butchering a 3000

  • Robin Hewitt
    Message 1 of 54 , Jan 17, 2011
      Hi Dan

      The EPROM chips are in sockets. I simply pulled them out,
      plugged them in to a Needham EMP-11 programmer and clicked
      "Read".

      When I get time I will produce a much simpler EPROM that
      uploads code via the serial port and then executes it. Once
      I can flash the lights, read the buttons, move the motors
      and interrogate it I will start to feel in control.

      best

      Robin

      Message 54 of 54 , Apr 26, 2011
        > I do embedded code for a multitude of processors. I just got away from the eeprom thing and use flash.

        Hi Roger

        This is pre-flash, pre-EEPROM. this is EPROM. You have to shine UV in through the little quartz window to erase it.

        Send me a mailing address and I will send you a chip. Have to hope the US Mail doesn't zap it with too many X-rays checking for weapons of mass destruction.

        Send to robinh@... and put my surname, Hewitt somewhere in the text to bypass a very enthusiastic spam filter.

        I've been rewriting my .dxf to .nc converter today and I have to say I do like this Microsoft Visual Studio compiler. I stitched together 120 lines and arcs in to a loop, tallied the included angles and it got the answer right to 14 decimal places. Bliss :o)

        best

        Robin