Re: Butchering a 3000

  • robinghewitt
    Message 1 of 54 , Jan 11, 2011
      > Why would you convert the whole spindle? Much easier to just have one screw into the spindle instead of the collet.

      There must be various ways to do it, I just went for the one that looked right to me.

      If you want to minimalise runout and bearing overhang then replacing the whole thing may even be the easier way.

      Last one I did I mounted it between two axial races with a 200 lb preload. Demolished the first spindle by trying to force the race on cold. Attempt two I shrank the bottom race on then polished the top down to a sliding fit.

      I hope to get the Roland delivered on Friday when I may change my mind completely :o)

      Robin
    • robinghewitt
      Message 54 of 54 , Apr 26, 2011
        > I do embedded code for a multitude of processors. I just got away from the eeprom thing and use flash.

        Hi Roger

        This is pre-flash, pre-EEPROM. this is EPROM. You have to shine UV in through the little quartz window to erase it.

        Send me a mailing address and I will send you a chip. Have to hope the US Mail doesn't zap it with too many X-rays checking for weapons of mass destruction.

        Send to robinh@... and put my surname, Hewitt somewhere in the text to bypass a very enthusiastic spam filter.

        I've been rewriting my .dxf to .nc converter today and I have to say I do like this Microsoft Visual Studio compiler. I stitched together 120 lines and arcs in to a loop, tallied the included angles and it got the answer right to 14 decimal places. Bliss :o)

        best

        Robin